office

tw: derealisation, dissociation

Now that Y/n has her drink, she must look for offices nearby.

First, she has to apply for at least 5 offices in different buildings.
Then she has to go and look at the office in person.
She has to ask if she'd be able to make music in the office. She's okay with paying <50£ extra for her to be loud if necessary.
If it's a no, then she either moves on to the next one or applies for another one.
If it's a yes, she goes on to sign some paperwork and bada-bing, bada-boom she's got an office in Brighton!

First, she went to one really near the cafe. If was a pretty shit office. The smell was unbearable, the walls were quite literally made of cardboard and the rent was so expensive.

Then, she looked at one on the opposite end of Brighton. It was nice, cheap and they said she didn't even have to pay extra to be loud. But, there was a downside. Every single day she would have to get on a train or bus, which would take less than an hour, but Y/n preferred to be in walking distance of her office.

The third office was the most likeable. No extra fees, the allowance to be loud in a normal sized office with a door that falls apart every now and then. The door thing was bad, but the other 2 offices she had applied for got denied and the first two offices she visited were less than pleasant.

"I'll take it as long as I can be loud with no complaints." Y/n says, imploding with joy. "Yeah, sure. The guy that lived here before you screamed and barked randomly for his job, so... you're good." the landlord says tiredly. The door hadn't been cleaned off from the previous owner, so there were multiple stickers on it.

James Marriott? The "Slow Down" hating guy? You mean to say he got kicked out and now I'm gonna live in his office? I LOVE HIS MUSIC!!!

Y/n smiles and hands the first payment to the landlord. She had to pay as soon as possible and she had already prepared an envelope full of cash. She can move in anytime from now, so she decides to do just that. Y/n signs some quick paperwork with the landlord and heads home to pack her music equipment.

-

Y/n called a cab so she could transport her stuff to the office easier. Upon arriving to the office, she notices it's already 3pm. A switch in her brain clicks - she suddenly can't comprehend the day that's now half done.

Not now, Y/n, not now.

Y/n has struggled with dissociation and derealisation since she had her first birthday in the orphanage - 11.

As she hastily grabs all her stuff from the car, she feels even more lightheaded than before. She quickly enters the building and goes straight to her office. She sets down the boxes and unlocks the door, trembly hands disrupting her, but she eventually unlocks it. As soon as she opens the door, she moves the stuff into the office and locks the door behind her.

She sits down on the cold floor and grabs her head in distress. Y/n has had struggles with accidentally pulling her hair out before, so she makes sure not to grab handfuls of hair. Instead, she, without realising, bangs her head against the door shes pressed her back against.

If only dad was here...

Y/n gets an idea. For the longest time now, music has calmed her down. She knows by the time she'll have everything set up her episode will have ended, but music is her hobby nonetheless.

-

As she sits down by her mic and grabs her guitar, she feels a certain serenity come over her.

Music is her serenity.(thats such a good title hollup i might change it-)

She turns on the mic and starts recording, hoping for the guitar to sound good with the new chords she planned in the cafe.

"Wasting your time
Your wasting mine
I hate to see you leaving
A fate worse than dying

Your city gave me asthma
So that's why I'm fucking leaving
And your water gave me cancer
And the pavement hurt my feelings

Shout at the wall
Cause the walls don't fucking love you

Shout at the wall
Cause the walls don't fucking love you

There's a reason that London puts barriers on the tube line
There's a reason that London puts barriers on the rails

There's a reason that London puts barriers on the tube line
There's a reason that London puts barriers on the rails

There's a reason that London puts barriers on the tube line
There's a reason they fail"

As Y/n sings the last line, a few tears fall to the floor. This song means more than she could ever explain with words, so being able to explain it through song has always activated an unreasonably reasonable sadness in her mind.

She then hears shouting through the wall that she didn't hear before, probably too deep in the music to hear anything outside of it. She stops the recording and decides to finish all the recordings needed for the song today so she can edit it all tomorrow.

The shouting intensifies to a point where she can now hear it clearly through the microphone.

I'm gonna have to pay for sound isolation to be put in the walls, aren't I?

If Y/n can't record everything today, she'll be behind on schedule. She unlocks her door and walks out of her office.

The person next to me is the one making all that noise. Fuck first impressions I guess.

Y/n knocks on the door gently, as to not disrupt whatever the person next door was doing. After a few seconds of muffled shuffling, a tall brunette opens the door and look at Y/n. "Hey, uhh, I wanted to ask if my music was bothering you? It's supposedly an office and I'm basically screaming my music. Is it disruptive?" she asks, intimidated by the man in front of her.

"That's your music? Uhh, nope. Not at all. If you need to record, just knock on the wall, alright? I can just shut up for the recording." the all too familiar brunette says, smiling.

His hair falls over his face perfectly and when he smiles his eyes seem perfectly matched with the rest of his face.

"I was actually just recording and I listened back, you couldn't hear it, but now when I'm working on extra noises, it's pretty audible?" she says, fidgeting with her hands weirdly. The fluffy haired man smiles at her mannerisms and replies with a quick "I'll be quiet." before closing the door practically in Y/n's face.

He seems super familiar, but my brain is so tired at the moment.

Y/n walks back into her office and sits back down by her mic. She records a few extra noises, then re-records them, then decides to choose completely different noises.

That all went on until 8pm, when she finally called it a day.

—————
im starting to like this :]]