knocks

tw: very minor sh reference, severe ed

"Chat, since Toby has put our friendship on the line, here's Y/n!"

"Hey, chat!" Y/n says, popping into view of the camera. "Chat, can you all just... not?" Wilbur says, closing chat. Y/n looks into his eyes with a gaze that says "elaborate". "Don't worry about it... anyways, Tubbo?" Wilbur says. "Y/N!" Toby screams, probably loud enough to disrupt the office next to Will since the computer wasn't playing through headphones and the volume was way up.

"Hey, Tubbs... you're so loud..." Y/n says, feeling her social battery already lower in level. "Oh, sorry. Anyways, I wanted to know if you'd be interested in a vlog we're doing. You seem chill and the vlog is just-" Toby gets cut off.

"TUBBO! YOU ABSOLUTE PIECE OF SHIT! YOU JUST LEAKED SO MUCH..." Wilbur yells in distress. "I- FUCK!" Toby says, the discord end of call tune playing through the room.

Will and I lock eyes and both start laughing.

"He's just in a silly goofy mood." Y/n says with a completely serious face, making Wilbur wheeze. Y/n opens her twitch, not believing that she was on a stream with about 50k viewers. She clicks on it and goes to type a chat message before seeing "y/nbur" being spammed.

"Uhh... chat... ya'll are so fucking weird." Y/n says, turning off her phone, clearly angry at the fact that even if Wilbur told them to stop, they continued. "What?" Wilbur asks, not knowing what happened. "They're just being a bit insensitive. I'm so offended you think I like guys, like oh my fucking god, I can't even." Y/n says sarcastically.

"You don't?" Wilbur says, immediately covering his mouth, shocked at what he just said. "I do, Wilb, but if chat's gonna act stupid then so will I." she says, trying to not react to the flustered man in front of her. She hadn't thought he'd be the type to get flushed easily, especially live.

"Well, I, as their discomfort streamer, demand them to stop spamming y/nbur." Wilbur says, pulling an o7 pose. A few seconds later he opens chat and sees only o7s. "Fucking finally..." Y/n says. "Sorry about that. They've done that to multiple people now and it's literally cost me friendships." Wilbur says, clearly saddened.

"That sucks. Chat, what the fuck? I remember on a stream once everyone was spamming the name of a very well known female twitch streamer and Wilbur got so uncomfortable with it. Chat, you didn't even stop, you took it as him getting flustered or some shit! Why can't we all just respect boundaries? Both parties involved had stated they weren't okay with it." Y/n says.

She was very fired up about the topic since she really loved rain duo's content, but they were basically forced to stop interacting publicly. Niki had to ban Wilbur's name from her chat because people only saw her as "the Wilbur girl". It fucking sucked and still sucks, but Y/n felt that she might've said too much to chat.

"Sorry... I should probably go back to work anyways. Sorry, chat! Just a bit irritated!" Y/n says, at first to Wilbur, then to chat. Wilbur looked a bit shocked as Y/n left the office. "Wait! Y/n!" Wilbur slightly yells, clearly worried and possibly confused. Y/n locks herself in her office and hopes that no further commotion will be caused.

When she sits down by her bag, packing everything up, she hears a knock on her wall. She opens up Wilbur's stream to see what he's on about.

"Okay, I'm assuming you're watching now. Knock once for yes, twice for no." Wilbur says through the stream. Y/n goes over to her wall and knocks once. "Oh! Good, you're here! Now, is chat the reason you left?" he asks, the audio going into her ears through her headphones and faintly through the wall.

knock knock

"Oh... uhh... do you wish to return to the stream?"

knock knock

"Erm... I wanna ask why, but if you don't know morse code, it could be a bit... difficult..." he says chuckling.

-- . -. - .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / - .. .-. . -..
(mentally tired)

Y/n knocks her message out slowly, trying not to mess anything up. She learned morse code when she was simply bored and lonely in the orphanage. Apparently, she didn't forget it.

When she's done with the code, she looks back at Wilbur's stream. The delay still making her listen to her own message.

How in the fuck do I think my knocks are ugly? What the fuck is wrong with me?

She looks at the stream and sees Wilbur's face turn into a frown. She could tell he felt bad, so she quickly knocked out a "going home. it's okay." and got her stuff together.

Wilbur knows morse code?

This whole day felt unreal and twisted, as if something was missing. She didn't feel well either, so the short walk she had to walk to get home felt like an exhausting task. Y/n knew her mental health had been worsening, but this was too much for her to physically deal with. It will soon get warmer, meaning short sleeves and such. She needs to just heal.

Oh shit! Have I even eaten anything? Erm... I'll be okay.

She walks out of her office with her bag in hand, headphones in and keys ready to lock the door behind her. As she walks towards the exit, though, she gets incredibly dizzy.

Fuck.

boom

—————
sorry for the slow updates and cliffhanger. i wanna write, but i feel like this book isnt... me? it feels forced and... eh? hope ya'll like it though :)