sparks

tw: signs of severe ed, references to sewer slide
also, idk anything ab brighton, so bare with me

They're sat in Wilbur's car now, vibing to music while driving to the city centre. It's not far, so they only have time for about 3 songs. The second song to come up from Wilbur's playlist is "Sparks - Coldplay". "I'm gonna put something else on-"

"NO, WHYYY!?" Y/n said in a childish manner. "Sparks" reminded her a lot of her father. The vocals sounded a lot like her father's voice, so she listened to it a lot when her father first passed. It was a comforting song for her. Wilbur wants to skip the song due to the actual meaning of it.

He feels it's relatable to the both of them.

"We can leave it if you'd like." Wilbur says, putting his phone down and not skipping the song. "We can skip it if you genuinely dislike it. I just find comfort in this song, but we can put on something else." Y/n says with a smile. "Is there a reason?" Wilbur asks. Y/n thinks for a moment.

Should I lie...? I don't want to lie to him! He deserves at least the quarter truth.

"It just reminds me of someone that I miss. What's you're favourite song?" Y/n asks, a pause between the two sentences. "Now that's tough. I enjoy any music by "Los Campesinos!". "I just sighed. I just sighed, just so you know" is easily top 10 for me." Wilbur says.

I'll have to listen to it then...

"I like "Knee Deep at ATP"." Y/n says.

I love Knee Deep at ATP...

As their conversation dies down, the music in the background hits them both.

Yeah, I saw sparks
Yeah, I saw sparks
And I saw sparks
Yeah, I saw sparks

They both look at each other before Wilbur looks away to continue driving. Y/n feels the excited nervousness return and Wilbur feels his face heat up a bit as he confesses to himself in his mind.

I like this girl, don't I?

The song ends and they both wait for the next one to start impatiently. Wilbur's eyes light up as "We Know" from Hamilton comes on. He happily sings along to each word, but when the fairly known part of the song comes on, Y/n starts singing as well.

Thing is, she sings the version about balls in a sarcastic manner while Wilbur laughs his ass off, trying his best to keep his eyes on the road.

"If I can prove that I never touched my balls, do you promise not to tell another soul what you saw?" Y/n sings.

-

"Alright, Tommy said to meet him here in 30, so I'll just come with you for the time being." Wilbur says as they walk in the direction of the pharmacy. "Oh, thanks, Will!" Y/n says, making Wilbur smile due to the nickname.

-

"Ibuprofen and paracetamol, please." Y/n says over the counter. "Woah, you alright?" Wilbur asks. "Just migraines." Y/n answers. Her migraine seems to be getting worse as she pays for the medicine and takes one immediately. "Should I be worried?" Wilbur asks with a little laugh. "No, I'm fine." Y/n says, her own words replaying in her head.

"Do you wanna go get something to eat? You look a bit pale." Wilbur says, concerned for Y/n's health. "Not really. I think I'll just buy some water from the corner shop on my way back." Y/n answers. "Your way back?" Wilbur asks. "Well, yeah? I'm gonna head home." Y/n says. She wanted to spend time with Wilbur, but she didn't wanna burden him and Tommy.

"Oh. I thought you'd stay at least until Tommy got here." Wilbur says looking a bit saddened. "I thought you wouldn't want me to. You have to mentally prepare yourself for the babysitting you're about to do." Y/n says. Wilbur laughs lightly and so does Y/n. "Why wouldn't I want you to stay?" Wilbur asks.

"Have I done something to leave the impression that I wouldn't want you to stay?" he continues. "No." Y/n answers truthfully. "Have I said something to make you want to leave?" Wilbur says with an obvious smirk. "No..." Y/n honestly says. "So why the doubt?" Wilbur asks, obviously interested in the answer.

But before Y/n could speak, she feels a hand on her shoulder. She winces and turns around with genuine fear in her eyes. "Why do you look so frightened?" Tommy asks. "Well, you did just sneak up on us." Wilbur says with a laugh.

Y/n doesn't find it funny though. She knows he was just messing around, but her brain has a bad habit of taking everything and overcomplicating it to a point where she feels like crying and curling up into a ball forever.

"Y/n? Something up?" Tommy asks, completely oblivious. "Yeah. Just a migraine." Y/n says. "Did you take some medicine?" Tommy asks, concerned for his friend. "She chugged it in front of me not even a second after buying it." Wilbur says. "What medicine was it?" Tommy asks Y/n with a serious tone. "It was ibuprofen, chill." Y/n answers. "Will?" Tommy asks. Wilbur nods in agreement.

I did buy paracetamol...

"Why does is matter?" Wilbur asks. "Oh, I'm just allergic to a few painkillers and Tommy's just a very caring big man." Y/n says and smiles. "That I am." Tommy says proudly. Wilbur stares into Y/n's eyes while she's looking at Tommy.

I can't tell if it was a lie or not.

Y/n had mastered hiding her emotions and intentions a while back, so even if she knew that Wilbur was trying to find out if she was lying, she wouldn't slip up.

"Tommy, can you send me the details for the vlog?" Y/n asks. "Oh, yeah, man, of course!" Tommy answers in a somewhat high pitched voice. "Finally!" Y/n says.

—————
breaking my silence:
i still havent watched hamilton, but i will in the next week... probably