8

Saturday........
SUHYEOK

Class prez already informed her uncle that she was taking Cheong San for a day off. I was finally having my chance to speak to him openly about why Gwi-nam was bullying him, and why was he giving in. We had already decided the venue. The karaoke club. We all decided to meet at the corner of the street restaurant.

CHEONG SAN

Hyung will not allow me. But I am afraid that if I stay here like last time I'm going definitely die. I haven't forgotten about what I did in the class to hyung. In the name of work I sneaked out to hangout with my friends. Suhyeok was waiting for me. The other two were chatting about something. I smiled. Suhyeok hugged me, that scent nearly made me feel dizzy. We entered the club and booked a room.

AUTHOR

Suhyeok took the chance by asking him for a walk. Namra and woojin were too drunk. Totally wasted.

SUHYEOK: wanna walk for a while ?
CHEONG SAN: what about them?
SUHYEOK: I'll handle them leave it to me.
CHEONG SAN: fine

The two were walking, the silence was completely awkward when Suhyeok made it straight to him.

SUHYEOK: why do you always give in when Gwi-nam bullies you?

Cheong San was taken back.

CHEONG SAN: I am too weak to fight him. Have you seen him? One punch and the person is on the floor.
SUHYEOK : why does he bully you then?
CHEONG SAN: let's say I'm getting my karma in some of the other way.
SUHYEOK: wanna share ? It's okay if you don't. Maybe you can try and fight him off ?
CHEONG SAN: there is no chance I could do that.
SUHYEOK: nothing is impossible when you don't try it.
CHEONG SAN: I would want to only if I did not push gyeong-so

Cheong San shut his mouth as soon as he spoke. He Was afraid that Suhyeok would call him a murderer. Suhyeok took that chance and forced it to him.

SUHYEOK: is there something you want to share because you already spilled half of it. And trust me I wouldn't judge you anyways. I just want you to be safe from Gwi-nam. He doesn't have a heart and I realised it when I left his group. Remember the boy who always stood at the back of their group?
CHEONG SAN: no way that's you.
SUHYEOK: yes but I'm glad I left it and now I'm protecting each and every one in the school. But wait what about gyeong-so? I think I heard his name before.
CHEONG SAN : remember the incident that took place a few years ago about a student who won the sports running competition?
SUHYEOK: oh Yoon gyeong-so?
CHEONG SAN: yes.
SUHYEOK: but didn't he die because he was hit by a bus?
CHEONG SAN: he wasn't hit by a bus.

Cheong San felt a lump in his throat. He was debating to trust Suhyeok or not. His eyes watered as he remembers that day vividly. Suhyeok kept quiet, waiting for Cheong San to finish his words.

CHEONG SAN: that day he was with me and Gwi-nam. We were supposed to celebrate the win. He was one of my best friend more like a brother. Gwi-nam's younger brother. We were running to cross the road before the signal but I accidentally tripped on gyeong-so and he fell on the road. He- the bus hit him. The time we reached the hospital he was already declared dead. Since then it's all mess. I lost a best friend and a brother. I also lost someone who I liked a lot.

Suhyeok kept silent the only thing in the alley of the street were Cheong San's sobs.

CHEONG SAN

I was crying, remembering that day. Ever since then hyung never treated me like a brother nor a friend. A lover was something far than expected. He labelled me as murderer of his brother. What could I do ? At first I did feel it that way. I felt it like It was me who killed gyeong-so. But this mistake led me to a life even animals did not have.

Suhyeok dropped me home. He told me he wasn't angry and he wouldn't call me nor judge me. In a way he would try his best to protect me from Gwi-nam. I entered the house to find myself surrounded by darkness. And then the sound of lighter clicked making me regret almost coming back home. Hyung sat on the couch with a cigarette in his hand.

GWI-NAM: I never knew that you were a whore.

My blood raced straight to my heart. His voice was so cold that it made me shiver only by listening to it.

GWI-NAM: come sit here I need to talk to you.

My legs were heavy but I still made it to sit near him on the floor. I would never dare to sit on the couch for another beating.

GWI-NAM: where were you?
CHEONG SAN: for work

Lies.

GWI-NAM: I'll ask you once again where were you! This time you better answer me.
CHEONG SAN: w-with the c-class p-president and Suhyeok and woojin.

His hand made it to my hair lightly touching it and then yanking my hair, the same place where I was hurt. A whimper escaped my mouth.

GWI-NAM: how many times do I need to tell you that stay away from Suhyeok?
CHEONG SAN: w-we j-just wanted to hangout.
GWI-NAM: so keen on hanging out or so eager to be fucked?
CHEONG SAN: hyung no there is nothing going on with me and him.
GWI-NAM: if there nothing going on why would you hangout with him? Are you trying to get into his pants?
CHEONG SAN: n-no hyung I could never think that way. He is just a friend of mine.
GWI-NAM: oh so now he became a friend? You never learn do you ?

The End