​ ❞Sɴᴇᴀᴋ Pᴇᴇᴋ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ Fᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ❞

─────❁✰❁─────

The leaves rustled beneath Kanthaka, Anandi's horse's hooves. Anandi stretched the strings of her bow, aiming at a wild boar who had been disturbing the fields of the commonfolk of Panchala. Her eyes focused on the boar's neck where the wild beast would lose consciousness for a few hours, enough for her to get her work done.

Before she could release the string, the bushes behind her rustled, causing her to snap in the direction. Her eyes widened as she noticed an arrow pass right next to her ear. Before she could react, the arrow had already hit the trunk of the tree, beneath whose shade the boar had been resting. The startled creature jolted awake from his slumber and scurried away to safety.

Anandi, who was still stupefied at what had occurred, stared at the direction where the boar had escaped from. She came back to her senses, realising that her target had escaped from right under her nose. Anger thrummed through her veins as it registered into her mind that this was probably the first time when she couldn't achieve her target.

She snapped her neck in the direction from where the arrow had emerged but stilled as her eyes took in the scene in front of her. Afore her lotus eyes stood the most handsome man she had ever looked at. His attire was of a brahmin but his stature resembled that of a kshatriya.

He was wearing a saffron garment, his yellow upper garment was thrown around his shoulder from back revealing his perfectly sculpted chest, his curly hair was tied in a messy man bun, while his silverish dark skin shone under the blazing rays of sun, glorifying his striking looks.

Anandi stared at the stranger for five minutes, before her trance was broken by the stranger himself as he coughed to gain her attention. The youngest princess of Rajgadh finally registered her state. The anger replaced the trance she had put herself into. Her anklets chimed with her movement as she removed the right leg from the sides of her horse to the other direction.

"How dare you obstruct my way, O Brahmin?" Anandi exclaimed angrily as she jumped down her horse facing the dark skinned ascetic who had bow marks over his shoulders and had a stature of kshatriya. Her reply seemed like she was still not recovered from the pleasant view she was receiving. Her eyes rested on his face, observing each and every minute detail on his visage, while she tried to maintain a stern façade on the exterior in front of the handsome stranger.

"Devi, I did not block your way. I just helped the boar escape." The man humbly replied with his raspy voice, flashing a charming smile at her.

Anandi's mind went frenzy as she stuttered onto what to reply. She looked at him dumbfoundedly, while thinking of a reply that would make her seem less awkward. Anandi did not know what enchantment had the man put her into; which had her silver tongue lose its abilities in just one meeting.

The ever loquacious Anandi had been silenced for once.

─────❁✰❁─────

Special mention to @-Ankitaa or rather known as Anandi in the story. ;)

Hope you enjoyed the little sneak peek we have decided to share with you guys.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: 

From Me- Today marks the first anniversary of our book, "Twist of Time". I remember my and Ankita's excitement to publish our idea which we had suddenly came over with. The idea we are working on with is much more detailed than when we had just started the book. I loved the entire journey till now especially with my amazing co-authoress. Though she could not cooperate much with the writing part but she has tried her best and I am glad about it. Her contribution in the plot making has been impeccable. Thankyou all the readers for showering us with all the love and support till now.

 From -Ankitaa- can't believe it..."Twist of time" is celebrating it's first anniversary today!I still remember the elation me and @Krishnpriyataa_123 were feeling as we have started the journey of this book. I can never forget,how we had spent hours discussing a "Perfect" plot for this book for more 2-3 weeks during our summer vacations. xDIt has been a long journey indeed and I entirely loved it,I hope we will still continue to make memories.Thankyou to all the readers who supported and kept showering their love on us till now....