07.| ᴄᴀᴛᴄʜɪɴɢ ᴜᴘ

THIRD PERSON POV

THIRD PERSON POV

(DeveshiPura, Rajgadh)

"...And then my father, the king of Abhira sent a marriage proposal to your brother. What I did not expect was that the proposal would actually be accepted~.", Harinakshi ended, blushing red at the remembrance of the time when she was just a maiden about to get married.

The ladies were all scattered in Shriya's room. Harinakshi was sitting on the bed with Anandi; Meghna was sitting on the floor beside the bed, facing the others; Kashish was sprawled on the couch while Shriya sat beside her on the other sofa and Rachana settled on the floor near Kashish with her back supported by the sofa. None of the women had worn heavy garbs and jewellery considering it was already late at night. All of them had gathered in the room to get to know each other, immediately after they had finished with their dinner. It had been about an hour since they had settled in the room.

"OoOoo~ So does that mean that our brother liked you too?", Anandi queried, smirking. Harinakshi glared at her youngest sister in law and twisted her ears lightly.

"Why is everyone so obsessed with my ears? Even GuruMaa used to twist them.", Anandi cried out loud dramatically. "That's what happens when you behave like a monkey.", Shriya commented teasingly, winking at her sister.

"You know what- I can totally relate to how Vāsudev felt when he used to get his ears twisted by Devi Yashoda." Anandi said innocently, hiding a smirk seeing Shriya turning red.

"Okay now Kashish Bhabhi you tell us na how did you get married?", Shriya said, hastily changing the topic. Anandi almost laughed out loud if not for her sister's glare to keep her mouth shut. The interaction didn't go unnoticed by the youngest daughter in law of Rajgadh, who perked her eyebrows in curiosity.

"Well me and Meghna both had swayamvara for us. So let me tell both of our stories together. Me and Meghna knew each other before we got married. We both studied in the same gurukul. Even after our studies we used to keep in touch by exchanging letters. Just like Bhabhi we both already liked our respective husbands. So when my father, the king of Dravida and her father, the king of Karnātaka organised swayamvara for us, we chose the brothers as our respective husbands.", Kashish finished, looking at Meghna with a smile, who reciprocated the same to the former.

"Okay now Rachana Bhabhi, your turn." Anandi said, looking at the said person with attentive eyes.

Rachana smiled, in a dreamy tone she said, "I don't know if you two sisters are aware or not, but the kings of Shurasena and Rajgadh both are best friends. So I have been visiting this kingdom for as long as my memory stretches. Me and your brother slowly fell in love and then got married."

Suddenly Harinakshi chuckled and said, "Rachana, you missed the main part. You didn't tell them how you and DevarJi eloped from your wedding?" Rachana facepalmed, sighing she replied, "You won't leave that topic?" Harinakshi could only smile innocently as Rachana facepalmed again..

"What! Really?", the two sisters synced loudly, making the other ladies in the room flinch at the loud noise. The girls smiled sheepishly at the women, making them shake their heads fondly. "Yup! Your Bhabhi wanted a dramatic wedding so these both monkeys decided it is better to give the family a major heart attack by disappearing early in the morning. They literally made us search the whole kingdom and then returned back in the evening with vārmala around their necks." Kashish added, hitting Rachana on the back of her head in a frolicsome manner, making her pout.

"Okay now enough about us..shall we discuss other interesting happenings of Aryavarta?" Rachana asked playfully, changing the topic from marriages and love stories. The other women of the house looked at the young lady with a raised eyebrow very well knowing what the princess of Shursena was going to talk about.

"Rachana the only other 'interesting happenings' you have ever talked about is your cousin brother." Meghna commented while the other daughter in laws of the household hummed in agreement. The sisters could only gaze at the ladies in curiosity, as the ladies laughed.

"Oh my god! You are right Megha Jiji! How did you guess?.", Rachana replied with a childish glee making the others chuckle. "It isn't that hard to guess if you keep talking about the same thing.", Kashish remarked, chuckling, making the former pout.

"Who is your cousin Bhabhi?" Shriya couldn't help but ask inquisitively, her curiosity kicking in, Anandi nodding in tow. Both looked at their youngest sister in law like a lost puppy, which made the others chuckle.

"Rani Ashalata is entering the chamber!" the dwarapalaka suddenly announced, startling the women gathered in the room. Soon after the announcement, the queen stepped in the chamber smiling at the people present in the room.

"Okay children enough of you guys gossiping with each other. Go to sleep now.", the queen ordered, making everyone look at her with puppy eyes. The queen only stared at the women sternly, making the four daughter in laws walk out of the room slowly, leaving Shriya and Anandi behind sulking in curiosity. The queen too left the room after warning the girls to not be up till late night.

The two siblings sauntered over to the bed, quickly climbing over it. The two wished each other goodnight, laying down on the bed, sleep soon consuming their thoughts...

 The two wished each other goodnight, laying down on the bed, sleep soon consuming their thoughts

So this chapter might have felt a bit boring...sorry about that. Anyways guess who the mystery cousin of Rachana might be... xD

Anyways do tell how the chapter was...❤❤

~With Love