12.| ᴛʜɪꜱ ɴᴇᴇᴅꜱ ɪɴᴠᴇꜱᴛɪɢᴀᴛɪᴏɴ...

THIRD PERSON POV

THIRD PERSON POV

(Dvaraka)

"Jiji!!" Anandi shook her sister for the hundredth time in an hour seeing her lost in her thoughts.

Shriya just hummed, causing Anandi to facepalm as she plopped on the couch, huffing.

"What occurred in the past one hour? Jiji was never this quiet when alone with me. She isn't even reacting to my awesome jokes." Anandi pouted as her sister gazed into nowhere, lost in her reverie.

This needs investigation.

Anandi, finally bored with her pondering session of what could have possibly occurred when her sister went to collect flowers, decided to leave her sister alone

Her anklets chimed as she walked out of her shared chamber at Dvaraka, shutting the door close behind her.

Her eyes however caught the sight of someone escaping, as if trying to hide from her sight.

Suspicions rose in her mind, her eyebrow scrunching up unintentionally as her hands sneakingly slided near her waist, her palms gliding up and down, checking the presence of her dagger in the scabbard, hidden in her long flowing antariya.

After being assured by the presence of her dagger, she silently approached the direction of where the figure disappeared, making sure her anklets didn't produce any sound.

Her orbs now focused on the shadow of the hiding figure giving away its position, causing a small smirk to grace her lips.

She stealthily approached the hidden figure, her hands wrapping around a muscular arm, hastily tugging at it while her other hand unsheathed the dagger, immediately placing it near the figure's neck as she locked the movements of the man.

The man resisted her for a moment, causing her to tighten her grip as her gem studded dagger inched closer to the man's throat.

"Sakhi?" A mellifluous baritone rang in her ears causing her to loosen her grip as the man now freed himself, turning in her direction with his hands on his waist, looking at her accusingly.

"Sakha-" Anandi's widened eyes glanced at her new friend that she made a few hours ago, in shock. The man deadpanned as he closed her wide open mouth.

"Sakha..You-here-hidden– I-" Anandi stuttered as she gazed timidly at the ground, her feet shuffling.

"Yes I am here. This is a free country. I can move anywhere but that doesn't mean you attack innocent people like me." The dark skinned man spoke accusingly, his eyes pinned on her.

Anandi lifted her head to look at him, but snapped her head back in her previous position as he squinted his eyes at her. Her eyes once again raised up as she blinked several times involuntarily, gulping as she readied herself to explain but flinched as she heard her friend snigger.

"Your face! Its- its hilarious!"

She stood frozen as her friend now clutched his belly, laughing hard at her visibly frozen self. Her mind now snapped out of her daze as she let out a huff, turning her face angrily as she strode away from her now giggling friend.

She had only moved a few steps away when her movements stopped. She felt her braid getting tugged at with a certain force neither too harsh but enough for her head to get pulled back.

She felt as if smoke emitted out of her ears as she turned back to give an earful to the one who caused it. Her movements stopped as she looked at a grinning Krishna. Her lips now morphed into an extremely sugary smile causing the huge grin on Kanha's face to falter as he visibly looked scared or that's what his expressions gave out as he made an attempt to run.

"Bhrata! Don't you dare move from your place or I am going to tell Devaki Maiyya!" As if on a cue, loud chatterings from what seemed from a group of women echoed out of nowhere, different sounds of anklets nearing the duo.

A smirk formed on Anandi's lips as she opened her mouth to give away her mischievous friend's whereabouts to the approaching group. The dark skinned man quickly grabbed her hand as he pulled her inside the sisters' chamber, disappearing behind the doors immediately...

 The dark skinned man quickly grabbed her hand as he pulled her inside the sisters' chamber, disappearing behind the doors immediately

Shriya's trance broke as her head whipped back to look at the intruders. Her hands ceased onto the lump of clay she was working on as her gaze locked with the dark hued man.

Anandi who seemed muddled with the sudden turn of events, for the third time opened her mouth to speak something only to stop again as she blinked looking at her elder sister and friend gazing at each other, forgetting their surroundings.

Anandi almost leaped in the air as she fist bumped silently, thanking all the lords for bestowing her with such a wonderful opportunity.  This was literally killing two birds with a single stone. Slowly nearing the duo she cleared her throat loudly causing the two to snap back into the human world.

Anandi smirked as she looked at her sister unable to meet her eyes,  fiddling with her clothes coyly while Kanha rubbed his nape, smiling sheepishly at the two ladies...