02.| ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪꜰᴛᴇᴅ ᴅᴀɢɢᴇʀ

THIRD PERSON POV

THIRD PERSON POV

(Rajgadh)

"Jyeshtha Pitrishvasa!" Three kids screamed simultaneously, causing Shriya to turn over to look at them as they crashed into her together, almost making her fall back with the force.

"Akshaj, Saavni and Sriansh! How are you kids so energetic early in the morning?" Shriya chided but ended up whining as picked up the youngest, Sriansh, in her arms.

Akshaj was the eight year old son of Hreedhan and Harinakshi, Saavni was the five year old daughter of Dhruv and Kashish while Sriansh was the two year old son of Atharva and Meghna.

"We missed you! Our mothers were not letting us come to you!" The eldest amongst the three, Akshaj tugged on Shriya's clothes followed by his younger cousin sister Saavni.

"Hey kiddos, weren't you children supposed to be with your Kanishtha Pitrivya?" Anandi emerged from the main door of Shriya's room with a small bowl in her hands.

"What's in the bowl?" Shriya asked as she tried to free her hair from her nephew's grip. Anandi shrugged as a mischievous smile etched on her lips. "Don't tell me the bowl has rasgullas-"

Before Shriya could even finish, the two children immediately ran upto their Kanishtha Pitrishvasa while Sriansh tugged at Shriya's hair harshly with his little hands, causing the latter to yelp in pain.

"For you a little boy you sure are strong..." Shriya grumbled under her breath, glaring at the little boy while the boy motioned her to walk near Anandi.

"Give us the bowl! Give us the bowl!" The two kids chanted continuously while jumping in front of Anandi to sneak a look at the bowl. Anandi being Anandi raised the bowl above her head, sticking her tongue out at the little children.

"What's the commotion about?" Atharva entered the room worriedly but shook his head as he noticed the scene in front of him. Sriansh who was busy pestering his aunt by tugging her dear hair, straightened up like an innocent kid before flailing his arms, calling out for his father.

"Hey! That's cheating!" Shriya squinted her brows at the little boy as he hid his face in his father's neck. Atharva laughed at his sister before ruffling her hair and bopping her nose.

"What's with you father-son duo and my hair?" Shriya frowned as both Atharva and Sriansh stuck their tongues out to tease her.

"How mature..." Shriya commented dryly as she turned to look at Anandi who was now struggling with the two kids almost jumping over her.

Shriya sneaked behind Anandi and snatched the bowl from her hands, sprinted away from the trio and looked into the bowl. Inside the bowl laid two pieces of spherical white balls dripping with sugar syrup that made Shriya drool over them immediately. Shriya eyed the three children looking at her innocently, before quickly popping one in her mouth. The three of them whined together as they quickly rushed to their aunt before she could finish the last piece of the sweet as well.