09.| ᴀ ᴍʏꜱᴛᴇʀɪᴏᴜꜱ ᴍᴀɴ

THIRD PERSON POV

THIRD PERSON POV

(Dvarkavati)

Before Anandi could react, another splashing sound resonated in her ears, making her turn swiftly in the direction of the voice only to find a dark blue angavastram laying on the shore of water, terror slammed in her heart as she quickly straightened up, gazing at the river flowing in front of her swiftly.

The ground below her feet started shaking slowly, making her take few steps back, her lips parted in shock as she witnessed the water rising up from its original level, and splitting into two parts forming a passage from between, her eyes got widened in astonishment as they fell on a figure standing between the parted river of Gomti, carrying the form of her sister protectively in his arms, walking out of the river slowly, the river falling back on its place.

He was dressed in his golden silk dhoti with royal blue borders, his upper body fully uncovered, showing the beautiful dark hue that strikingly resembled the monsoon clouds. What seemed like his royal blue angavastram with golden borders was resting on the shore of the river, a peacock feather was sitting proudly in his golden diadem, with various ornaments adorning his body, magnifying his beauty.

His dark skin shone under the rays of sun, while a few stray strands of his dark wet curls stuck to his forehead, his lotus-shaped eyes fixed on the elder princess of Rajgadh while a peaceful and heart warming smile was stretched on his lips.

Calmness seeped in Anandi's heart as she kept looking at his pulchritudinous form, without blinking her eyes.

"You should not stare at someone like this, I know I'm very handsome but still." A teasing baritone caught her attention, making her snap back from reverie. 

"What? Why will I stare at you?" Anandi replied while pursing her lips, looking over at the person in front of her trying to suppress the huge grin that wanted to spread on his lips, "Moreover I was looking at my sister~" She added while crossing her arms across her bosom and shifting her eyes upon Shriya who was still unconscious in the arms of the stranger.

"Hmm, whatever helps you sail your boat!"The man replied while walking towards the tree where the youngest Princess of Rajgadh was sitting before, with Anandi following him from behind while rolling her eyes at his comment, he layed Shriya against the bark of that tree, looking at her face with some unknown emotions in his eyes.

"Open your eyes, Jiji!" Anandi whispered pleadingly, while patting the pale cheeks of her sister. Her concern grew as she noticed her not opening her eyes for long. They always have been everywhere together, not leaving the company of the other, even for a single moment, even in~

"Don't worry, she will be conscious soon." The man spoke while picking up his angavastram from the ground, and coming towards the direction of the sisters again, wrapping his angavastram around the petite form of the elder princess.

"Hmm, thank you for saving her." Anandi replied while gratefully looking into the eyes of that man, with a small smile stretched on her lips.

"Excuse me? I don't need your gratitude, I need my reward!" He replied while passing a mock glare at the princess standing ahead of her while feigning all the seriousness in the world, stopping a smile to curve his lips.

"What do you want?" She asked, confused as his attire was screaming royalty, "What am I even capable of giving? He looks like a royal to me." Anandi shrugged off all the questions forming in her mind, and looked at that man again.

"You will have to be my friend" he stated, grinning widely, while forwarding his alta-stained palm towards her, with his eyes shining with amusement.

"I would love to!" Anandi replied, grinning cheekily, while shaking her hands with his.

"What can I call you?" She questioned, the man was about to speak when a distant voice alerted them, followed by sound of footsteps

"Anandi! Shriya! Come here right now, it's time to leave." Devi Gargi spoke, while coming towards them along with Saudamini.

"Wait-" The man without a reply, straightened before walking towards the approaching figure of Devi Gargi. He passed her a mischievous smile that managed to cause an amused one from the revered lady.

"Pranipat Devi Gargi!" He bowed down in front of her, joining his hands together.

"Ayushman Bhava!" Her amused voice spoke out as a cheeky grin formed on the man's lips. His gaze then rested at the young lady beside the daughter of Sage Vachaknu, who seemed to be pulled out of a trance as his eyes fell over hers.

"Greetings!" His enthusiastic voice called out, causing Saudamini to smile awkwardly, nodding and replying the same.

"I shall take your leave then. Allow me." He bowed before Devi Gargi, leaving the area, not before glancing at the limp figure of Shriya again for the last time.

Devi Gargi moved forward in the sisters' direction, her gaze falling at the unconscious form of her dear shishyaa. She neared the two sisters as she sat on her knees, looking at Anandi for a brief moment, before placing her finger under Shriya's nose, checking for her breath. Once satisfied with the result, her finger slid near the maiden's wrist, wrapping around it, checking for her pulse.

She looked over at her pale face, before closing her eyes, chanting a mantra under her breath, causing a response out of the maiden.

The unconscious maiden's fingers moved as her body shook slightly. "Ah-" Shriya groaned, keeping a palm on her head, opening her eyes slowly, making Anandi run in her direction, sitting next to her and helping her to sit straight.

Anandi shook her, "Jiji, are you fine?" She asked but got no reply, as Shriya sat there with her eyes closed and head resting on her palm....

Finally able to publish after so long. A certain someone was lazy to write, hence the delay. Heartfelt apologies for the same..

Also Happy New Year! :D