04.| ꜱᴇʟꜰ-ᴄʜᴏɪᴄᴇ ᴏꜰ ꜱʜʀɪʏᴀ

THIRD PERSON POV

THIRD PERSON POV

(Rajgadh)

A large crowd had gathered at the gargantuan entrance of the swayamvara hall, eager to witness their princess' self-choice ceremony. In addition to the overwhelming joy the populace felt, there was a concern about why rather a simple 'swayamvara' was held for the princess. With the knowledge both of the princesses had, they could undoubtedly have a veeryashulka or rajyashulka. The lack of any sophistication caused a murmur or two but the labrish rather died in the excitement for the ceremony.

The gatekeepers of the grand swayamvar hall blew their shankha, heralding the beginning of the ceremony. The crowd erupted in cheers as everyone showered flower petals, expressing their happiness and love for their royals.

On the other hand, Shriya was taking the blessing of Devi Parvati in the ancestral Parvati temple of Rajgadh, the very same place where she was named in Dwapara. Her hands were turning sweaty as the moment of when she would enter the swayamvara hall was edging closer. She felt an adrenaline rush in her system and her heart's pace seemed to only increase per minute making her think whether it would jump out before she could make it to the hall. Anandi who stayed beside her noticed her nervousness and looked at Devi Parvati's smiling figure thinking about how she hopes she would never have to go through this swayamvar that manages to make even her sister's heart race.

Hearing the shankhnaad, Shriya and Anandi wrapped up their veneration and started walking towards the hall, their mothers joining them as they were waiting for them outside the temple. Shriya's body tensed even more, causing Anandi to facepalm as she literally dragged Shriya with her seeing how her sister was walking at the speed of a tortoise. Before Shriya could let a word out to protest, they were already at the hall. The two could hear their eldest brother explaining the norms decided for the swayamvara. The gatekeeper announced their presence, causing the entire attention to lay on the sisters or more specifically on Shriya.

"Maharajah Kuwarjeet and Maharani Ashalata's eldest daughter is entering the hall."

Flowers showered on her as she stepped in the hall. Even in her state of nervousness, her posture did not give out anything to the strangers present in the room. The queens walked beside her with Anandi trailing behind. Anandi's eyes observed the entire hall and widened as she realised something. She stepped closer to Shriya, whispering something in her ears.

"Jiji, Govind has still not arrived..." Shriya's eyes widened slightly as she examined the hall with her eyes, her gaze lingering longer at the section where the kings were seated. She noticed the absence of the son of Devaki as her gaze now rested on the marble floor. Something wasn't right...Her mind was filled with various thoughts, one of them being where she should flee to search for him but it was too late as she neared her father's throne.