06.| ʜᴏᴍᴇᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ

THIRD PERSON POV

THIRD PERSON POV

(Kaumaarivan, Rajgadh)

Looking around the lush green forest through which they were passing by on their journey towards the Palace of DeveshiPura, Shriya who was smiling sleepily while inhaling the soothing breeze, mixed with the aroma of various flowers, facepalmed as she felt Anandi yawning once again, ready to fall from her horse.

It was a sunny day today, the white clouds were forming a beautiful pattern on the flawless sky adding more beauty to nature. The two sisters were quite cranky considering they were busy preparing for their journey after which they had to leave immediately an hour after brahmamuhurta and hadn't slept the night before.

"Anandi!" Shriya called out while taking her horse near her sister's and shaking her slightly.

"Hmm...I'm awake" Anandi groaned while looking towards her sister rubbing her eyes, making Shriya shake her head, who was about to say something when loud noises of rustling were sensed by their ears.

Shriya and Anandi halted their horses, getting surrounded by dacoits. The two gazed at the people cutting them off from going ahead with an irritated face. "Who are you and why are you blocking our path?"Anandi's voice boomed as she gazed at the four men in front of her.

The men instead of answering took their swords out of their scabbard. Shriya looked at the swords with a curious gaze, her drowsiness gone, while Anandi quickly pulled her sword out, jumping down her horse, quite annoyed with the men trying to separate her and her dear bed.

One of the men lunged forward at Anandi while she blocked the sword with her own. The metals clanged, as the two competed with each other. One thing that Anandi noticed was, the man was trying to keep his blows soft. He didn't use his entire strength in combat.

The other three men gazed at the maiden in admiration, while Shriya raised her eyebrow, her calculative orbs inspecting the dacoits. The three men noticed her suspicious gaze towards them, their posture tensed a bit before one of them stepped forward, nodding at the others with a smirk on his face.

Unsheathing his sword, the man lunged at Shriya who was still seated on the horse. Quickly pulling out her sword from the scabbard stuck to the horse, she sprang down, rushing to the man, blocking his attacks.

Anandi saw that the man attacking her was distracted, using the momentary distraction, she hit her sword in such a manner that made the weapon fall out of the man's hand. Before the man could react, Anandi placed a sword near his neck, asking him to surrender. Shriya smirked as she did the same with the man fighting with her.

"Nice moves Bhaiya!" Shriya smiled innocently, as she gazed at the shocked expressions of her brothers and a muddled expression of her sister.

"Bhaiya~?" Anandi murmured, confused and sleepy.