08.| ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴀʟᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏʀᴇ

THIRD PERSON POV

THIRD PERSON POV

(DeveshiPura, Rajgadh)

"A long time ago, lived a king named Debyendu, who was a very righteous king and an ardent devotee of Shakti. Once he was defeated in a war and had to stay in exile. He used to roam around forests, rivers and mountains in search of food and shelter, but didn't ever forget venerating the goddess. One night, Devi Parvati appeared in his dreams and told him to find her hidden statue in the huge dry well near his now lost kingdom.", Ashalata narrated, as she smiled seeing her daughters listen to her keenly.

"He had sneaked in a horse cart entering the kingdom late at night. The guards had surprisingly not examined the cart carefully, which was a new thing as the king was very particular about the security." The two maiden were fully engrossed in the story as they gasped at the sudden twist, making the Queen chuckle.

"That night he had hid in the hay bale waiting for the sunrise. As soon as the sun spread his first rays, he sneaked away to the well to retrieve the statue. The well was ancient, as some part of it had worn off, but the structure was still strong. He noticed some ropes scattered around the area. It wasn't a surprise considering that the well was situated in the area where the masons of the country stayed. Quickly tying the ropes securely together, he tied it to a tree hoping it won't snap with his weight.", The girls had their eyes widened as they thought about the possible dangers the King could have faced.

"He slowly and steadily, balancing his weight, went down the huge well. The huge well tapered at the end, leaving only a small space for his huge body to fit in. He searched for a long time in the well trying to find the statue, considering it was dark in there with only some source of light entering, making his visibility really low. He soon found a huge figurine-like structure, which he assumed was the statue of the Goddess. He quickly held onto the figure, carefully making sure that the statue wouldn't slip out of his hands. He slowly climbed onto the rope, struggling with the weight of the figurine. He successfully, after some time, managed to pull the statue out of the well, but almost fell into the well due to exhaustion.", The girls had almost become a statue, with their wide eyes and slight open mouth while the Queen was lost in the tale, smiling.

"He did not give up and with a last pull he managed to get himself out of the well. Immediately after he was out, he felt his body feel free from hunger and exhaustion."

"The figurine sparkled and the sky darkened, a pleasant breeze started flowing, the atmosphere appearing as if time had momentarily stopped. A huge silhouette formed, and soon a divine woman appeared. She had worn a red saree, and was decorated in various intricate jewelleries, her hairline adorned by deep red sindoor signifying her marital status; her jet black hair wide open, falling down her waist. Maharaja Debyendu stood frozen, as he gaped at the mother goddess dumbstruck. He soon came to his senses as he bowed down at her feet. The goddess raised him up, blessing him that he would win his kingdom back and get married to a beautiful lady who would help him manage his kingdom, before disappearing into thin air, as the sky brightened again, leaving a beautiful statue placed on the ground where the Goddess stood some time ago.", the two orbs of the maidens sparkled with respect and delight as they felt literal goosebumps on their skin.