❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁

I put on my dress pants and my shirt. A white button up, as usual. I sprayed my signature cologne and headed towards the living room. Inside the living room was a tiny little room. Cielo's room.

He has a dog house in there, toys and his plates. He has a dog bed in the house but he rarely sleeps there. He usually only eats and plays in there.

I took some of his dog food and put it in his plate, along with some water; "Here you go, boy." I told him as I tapped him lightly.

When I headed out the doorbell rang. Never time for a break. Mom opened the door and greeted my uncle. I spotted the twins too; "Hello, Chase." My uncle said as he came up to me.

"Hey Luca." I replied. His name is Luca. We don't talk much so he kept walking. Before the twins came in I heard footsteps from the staircase. I turned around to see Amaya, in a gorgeous black dress.

AMAYA'S DRESS:

It is the dress that she tried on yesterday, that she absolutely loved

It is the dress that she tried on yesterday, that she absolutely loved. She looked very good, the way she did her makeup, simple and elegant, the way her hair fell on her shoulders. Everything looked amazing.

I was snapped out of my daydream when I heard someone talking to me; "Chase!" It was Evelina. The only way I could tell apart the twins was by their eyes, Emma's eyes were bigger than Evelina's.

"Hi Evelina!" I gave her a huge hug. I haven't seen them in a long time. I've missed them.

"Are you forgetting about me?" Emma said and laughed sarcastically. "Of course not!" I told her and laughed. I gave her a huge hug too.

"And you are?" I heard my uncle's voice ask. I turned around and he was speaking with Amaya. "I am Amaya Angelo." She said with a... forced smile?

"And what are you doing here tonight?" He asked once more. Her eyes found their way to mine, hinting for some help; "She is a girl who could potentially be our new nurse." I lied.

I looked at my mother who was looking at me with such anger. For lying to him.

❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁

AMAYA'S POV

I was standing right behind Chase, who was leaning against a chair. Watching the twins.

Victoria and the rest of her children were setting the table. Who does Chase think he is? His uncle was nowhere to be found.

I started walking towards Chase since I was getting bored; "Hey." I said. "Hey." He replied. "What's up?"
"Not much. Are you stalking the girls?" I asked him, sarcastically.

"No, no." He laughed softly. "Well, what are you up to?" "Nothing, really." I told him. A moment of silence filled our space.

Oh god.

After a while, of looking at Evelina and Emma, it reminded me of me and Asher; "You know..." I began. I wanted to tell him about Asher, but I wasn't sure.

"I'm a twin." I said. "Really?" Chase asked as his head turned to me; "Mhm. I had a brother. Who's name was... Asher." I finally got out of me.

Chase was now quiet for a quick moment; "Had?" He slowly asked; "Yeah. He was shot and killed, randomly. And just like that, I lost him."

I noticed how a tear managed to leave my eye. I quickly wiped it away, praying that nobody saw me. "I'm- I'm so- I'm so sorry." Chase sadly said; "it's okay." I weakly nodded and moved to Eleanore.

She was my best friend in this house, other than Chase. But me and Chase aren't really friends... are we?

I spotted Eleanore next to the perfectly decorated table. She was on her phone doing something; "Hey. Are we eating anytime soon?" I asked her, trying to sound casual.

"Yup. We are just waiting for my mother, she just went to the restroom." Eleanore replied and flashed a smile at me.

❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁

The food was amazing. It was all Italian dishes, lasagna and pasta on the side. Victoria was the one who made the food, as expected. I was seated next to Bryce and one of the twins. Chase taught me how to tell them apart. Emma had the bigger eyes, so I guess I was sitting next to Evelina.

She was actually really funny. She was telling me about her life, about how much she loves animals and dance, how much she hates her dad and how much she misses her mom.

Bryce and I weren't talking that much, but we shared a word or two.

Believe it or not, tonight was going well.

~HIS MAFIA AND HIS GIRL~