PART 37: Honesty

───※ 𝙒𝘼𝙍 𝙋𝙊𝙑 ※───

My cheeks brightened as the blood rushed to my face. Yin looked at me, watching as I was startled by his unexpected words and melted in his gaze. I looked away, my heartbeat rose, my breath hitched for a second. Just his looks gave me butterflies.

"War." His voice was deep and he leaned forward, lifting my chin with his finger, trying to meet my gaze.

"I'm not doing it if you are still-"

"No, I'm not. I'm already sober," he responded before I could finish my words.

His thumb made a circle on my blush cheek, leading me to close my eyes and lean into his touch. It feels good. It feels safe. I feel safe with him. When I noticed that he stopped touching me, I opened my eyes to see him continue to stare at me. I looked from his eyes to his lips.

Slowly, my hands raised up and held the side of his neck. My heart pounded so fast and I leaned in. As if it had a mind of its own, my hand trailed a path from the base of his neck to his jawline. I felt smooth, soft skin underneath my rough fingertips as I traced shapes. A light gasp escaped his mouth as he stood unmoving, entranced by the way I was touching him.

Yin is completely frozen. He hasn't moved a single muscle. And finally, my lips touched his, making me feel it ripple and explode through my whole body, that same sensation that's always happened with him.

Silence consumes my brain while euphoric screaming floods every other nerve ending. I broke away from the short kiss, pulling back enough, so I could look at his face and the adrenaline pumping through my body was fighting from nervousness.

I could feel blood rushing to my cheeks, trying to slow my breathing down from the harsh rhythm it's in while Yin kept staring at me in silence. Forcing down the lump in my throat, I thought of how holding a pin against a balloon and waiting for it to rupture creates a similar feeling of tension between us.

A few seconds passed while we both continued to stare at each other but just before Yin opened his mouth to say something, I cut him off by pressing my mouth against him. My hands shooted up to grasp his jaw and tug his face towards me until his lips were connecting with my own with a force that knocked the air clean out of our lungs.

He wanted me to kiss him with feelings, so I would show him what I truly felt...

I brought myself closer by moving to sit on his lap, my legs wrapped around his waist and he hugged me. It's not a soft, simple kiss but with my body flush against his, my lips embraced him so deeply until it knocked the wind out of us. I felt so safe in his arms at this moment that I knew, without a doubt, that the reason why P'Jack's confession made me feel nothing special.

I was in such a good mind space with Yin, why I wasn't freaking out when the person I liked for 10 years said he loves me because I had him. I had Yin. Yin showed me the real meaning of love in ways I didn't even know was possible. I don't think and I could never take this feeling for granted. After knowing what it feels like to feel numb for so long, it makes every sensation with him magnified and ones that I treasure.

The kiss became messy and uncoordinated while he tried to keep up with my aggressiveness and passion. "Umphhh, War," he moaned and my arms embraced his neck, doing everything I could to get our lips kept tasting each other.

It was like time warped and everything blurred and fizzled out around us. His warm soft lips were sending shivers through my skin with how lovely they are and my tongue was slipping into his mouth to caress and massage against him with a sound that's a mix of saliva and a satisfied groan that hitched in his throat.