PART 21: Closeness

───※ 𝙔𝙄𝙉 𝙋𝙊𝙑 ※───

The best memories. That was the best way I could put it. War was the only person that came to mind when the locals told us that this place had a spectacular waterfall. I merely wanted him to accompany me here. Nothing else. I didn't expect he would say yes when I asked him to come with me but here we were, playing and teasing each other in the beautiful and refreshing river.

The only thing I could think about was how he made me feel. Fuck the butterflies, I felt the entire zoo roar in my stomach as I saw he smiled until his cute dimples reveal at me, making me giddy inside.

Is it love? Without a doubt the answer is yes. Each day he is becoming more and more attractive. Thousands of questions were running through my mind but I chose to ignore it with the justification there was a hope. The way he looked at me, something started to change between us but neither of us spoke up loud about it.

We stayed in the water for a very long time and when we finally emerged, I gave him a sandwich I had brought, knowing that he must have felt hungry.

"Awww, thank you, froggy," he said while smiling from ear to ear but when he wanted to take it, I pulled my hand back.

"Froggy?" I raised my eyebrows. "I thought earlier you say-"

He suddenly coughed loudly and snatched the sandwich out of my hand, which made me chuckle and shake my head.

This feeling was too good. I must be crazy right now. Just seeing him do nothing other than eat the sandwich made my heart pound as if a hundred wild animals were coming up behind me.

"Stop looking at me. You don't want to eat?" He asked, waking me up from my own fantasy.

"I'm full," I answered briefly and wiped the sauce at the edge of his mouth with my thumb. He seemed to back away a bit but after a second, he let me do it without saying anything.

"So...can I eat the sandwich?" He pointed to the sandwich that I haven't touched and when I hummed, his grin grew wider like a child just got a chocolate.

"We should come here again," he said with his mouth full of the sandwich, causing me to raise my eyebrows with his words.

"I...love this place," he uttered, his tone sounding shy.

"You don't love it?" He asked.

My eyes locked on him. "I love it," I replied, along with a tiny smile. My answer had a deeper meaning but I could tell he didn't get it because he just responded with a grin and continued to eat all the sandwiches I had bought.

In the past I used to ask myself why my heart chose him but now I do think I got the answer. I love him because of the way he is. He completed me, we're like two halves of a whole idiot. He made me comfortable in my own skin and I'm not ashamed to share my thoughts with him. When I am with him, I feel a deep presence in my body and I don't want to be anywhere else in this world.

I feel enlightened when I am next to him. Just him.

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

Since we began to go down the hill 15 minutes ago, the shorty continued to talk nonstop about how happy he was since he felt at peace today. Knowing that he felt at ease coming here today made my entire day blossom, hence I smiled from ear to ear.

"Be careful, the path is kinda slippery," I said and handed my hand to him as we needed to get down a slope path.

For a brief moment, he looked at me without saying anything. His eyes fixed on my hand before maintaining eye contact with me again and I raised my eyebrows, waiting for him to hold my hand.