PART 29: Lustrous

───※ 𝙒𝘼𝙍 𝙋𝙊𝙑 ※───

I had no idea how long it had been since we had gathered around the fire pit but P'Jack's weird behavior had left me feeling quite strange. He never disclosed anything about me to his acquaintances, especially those in the entertainment industry, using the rationale that it wasn't necessary to do so. But now, he suddenly brought up a story about me and him being friends since we were teenagers.

Weird. Is that something that knocks his head and makes him suddenly be open to talk about that?

"There was a time we walked home together and a crazy dog suddenly ran into us. You guys should see War's face at the time. He looked so funny," P'Jack told the people there while laughing, forcing myself to chuckle as well.

Should I feel happy because for the first time in my life, P'Jack looked so happy to share a story about our friendship to others?

Should I be pleased that he laughed as he remembered our memories?

Should I be relieved that he can still recall our past?

But, I wasn't feeling all of that. I didn't want him to talk about our past to others. I didn't want him to think back on the memories. I didn't know, it seemed as though he knew exactly who I was but in fact, all he knew about me was what he imagined I seemed like in his head.

His words were suffocating because it sucks the oxygen out of the atmosphere. I...hate it.

I glanced over at Yin to see him only look down. He didn't blink an eye or divert his attention, he held steady and no words left his mouth since earlier. He kept quiet and simply hummed if people talked to him about something. His face was unreadable and his eyes didn't gleam the way they used to.

I took a small wood and playful poke his leg, making him slowly turn to look at me. "What's wrong?" I asked while continuing to use the wood to touch his hand.

He smiled a bit. "Nothing, maybe a bit tired," he replied but obviously he lied. His eyes conveyed a different story.

Do you know about a research saying that eye expressions offer a glimpse into the evolution of emotion? People interpret a person's emotions by analyzing the expression in their eyes as the eyes offer a window into the soul. Emotional expressive changes around the eye influence how we see and in turn, this communicates to others how we think and feel.

When looking at Yin's face right now, his eyes dominate emotional communication, prompting me to know what he was thinking. I suppose it's also because I spent so much time with him that I eventually developed the ability to read his mind, right?

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

───※ 𝙔𝙄𝙉 𝙋𝙊𝙑 ※───

Walking down a path, I stopped and smelled the night air. The air smells just as good as the memories I had at this place. The wind was so crisp and full of flavor. I continued to walk but at a slow pace. It's such a beautiful day but remembering how Jack shared all his memories with War, I couldn't help but feel threatened.

There was a hope. I suppose that my love for him developed much more than I anticipated, which caused me to think inexplicably. What a joke when I said I was ready and waiting, knowing that the only person that would end up being hurt would be me. But look at me now, thinking too much and Jack simply talking about War already made me feel uneasy and anxious.

There were so many things I didn't know about War. I certainly believed I knew him but after hearing Jack talk about him, I realized that the 10 years and the few months I had known him were a significant gap. Piano. I didn't even know War knew how to play piano.