PART 20: Remembrance

───※ 𝙒𝘼𝙍 𝙋𝙊𝙑 ※───

The following morning, after a really restful night's sleep, I awoke with a rumbling stomach. I was so incredibly exhausted last night that I didn't even bother to take my clothing out of my backpack, instead, all I did was sleep and didn't even think about eating.

I took out my phone and was unsurprised to find that there was no signal. I had intended to take a shower in the bathroom outside before heading to eat because I was confident the staff had already prepared the meal for us.

Oh God...I extremely feel I was in the camp.

I put a towel over my head and took toiletries to go to the bathroom but when I opened my cabin door, P'Jack's face was waiting for me which made me startled.

With both of his hands in his pocket, he gave me a flat look. "Why? Are you seeing a ghost?" He asked.

I looked around and raised my eyebrows looking at him. "Why are you standing here?" I asked him back and he pulled my hand to go inside my cabin.

He made me sit on the bed and got on his knee, then grabbed my leg, making my eyes widened. "Phiii, what are you doing?"

He sighed and lifted his head to look at me. "You fell last night, right?"

I slowly nodded. "I'm just checking up on you," he replied.

"I waited for you last night but you already fell asleep."

I bit the inside of my mouth, trying not to smile because of his concern. "I'm okay, phi," I replied timidly.

"Are you sure?"

I nodded like a child. While butterflies always assaulted my stomach when he showed his care for me, this time seemed different. I mean, I loved when he was concerned about me but everything that happened lately made something changed. I also didn't know what it was. It just felt different.

He sighed and got on his feet. He looked at me for a long time as if he observed every inch of my face before opening his mouth. "You don't wear your glasses anymore?" He asked, causing my eyes to widen and I instantly got up, trying to find the glasses.

Shit. Since when I didn't wear it when P'Jack was around? Damn it. I completely forgot about the Harry Potter glasses and until just now did I remembered that I wasn't wearing it when P'Jack brought it up. Oh God, Warrr!!!

"I...I wear contact lenses," I gave an excuse.

After a brief period of silence, he nodded. "Do you always wear contact lenses now? It's been a long time since I saw you wear your glasses," he said while casting his gaze around my cabin.

I laughed awkwardly and scratched my non itchy head. "Eerr...yes, phi. I feel better if I don't wear glasses."

He raised his eyebrows. "You think so?"

"Eerr, yes?"

He shrugged. "You look better with glasses but whatever suits you," he replied, causing me to bite my lower lip.

"Okay...phi."

"I will go now. Anything let me know," he said and left the cabin. As soon as he disappeared from my sight, I mimicked his voice annoyingly.

"You look better with glasses but whatever suits you," I repeated P'Jack's words irritatedly. Oh my God, who did he think he was?! Yeah, I know he's been my crush for freaking 10 years but still, it was annoying!!!

Whatever. It was better if I took a shower and went to eat. My stomach was so much important than those stupid glasses.

。゜゜。━