1.6

Havana, Cuba

»»»

Three knocks on the door. Silence. Another three followed.

"Yeah, yeah, coming," Taehyung yawned. Hair tousled and strands flying around as he cracked open the door. Seeing Jimin standing there with a wide smile. "Oh hey!"
Taehyung instantly reached for his gun, eyeing Jimin suspiciously. "Wowhoho," Jimin chuckled, shoving the gun away from his face, "Is this how you greet your best friend?"
"Obviously," Yoongi appeared behind Taehyung and brushed past him. Holding his sword in front of Jimin, just in case. "So you're back to normal now?"
"Yep, good old Jimin!" he grinned, pushing his fists against his waist and boasting out his chest proudly. Taehyung eyed him suspiciously up and down. He wanted to be entirely sure before eventually nodding, lowering his gun. Yoongi followed, slowly. Very slowly, allowing him to enter.

"So you won't try killing us again?" Taehyung arched a brow with a lopsided smirk, making Jimin huff. "I've never tried killing you."
"True, it was Arabella you were after," Yoongi corrected nodding, taking a seat on the couch, "You only attacked us because we tried holding you back."
Jimin sighed at the faint memory. It seemed rather like the memory of a stranger by now than his own. He was only glad his friends had been sane enough to keep him from getting to Arabella. He had been right after all when he had told her back in Mexico that they might not like her but they wouldn't let anyone harm her either. "Speaking of Bella, where's she?" he asked then, facing the two with a questioning look as he couldn't spot her anywhere.
Taehyung frowned. "Didn't you call her?"
"I assumed she'd be with you guys.. Why? Where's she?"
"Last time we heard of her she was with some multi-millionaire on a greek island," Yoongi shrugged. Causing Jimin to let out a loud groan. "This woman.. I told her it's not safe on her own.." He shook his head, exhaling deeply. "And you guys just let her?"

"She's an adult," Taehyung rolled his eyes, plopping down next to Yoongi, "It's not like we could force her to stay."
He groaned again. Getting more and more frustrated. "You should have."
"Jimin, chill. You out of all people should knew how headstrong she is. And it's not like she isn't able defending herself."

Folding his arms, he pouted and sat down. He knew Taehyung was right but couldn't help worrying about her. These guys were still after her after all. Whether to get revenge for her leaving or to get revenge for him for not finishing the job and crossing their current mission. Besides, he was the only one who could protect her, not some stupid 'multi-millionaire'.
He scoffed internally at the thought of that.

"What happened to you anyway, why were you after her?"
"It was these guys," Jimin mumbled. "They got me and I don't know.. brainwashed me? They gave me some mind control drug and conditioned me into only seeing her as a target. I had completely forgotten everything else. Partially even you guys. I mean, I knew you, but I had forgotten what you're to me. And I forgot what she is to me. The only thing on my mind was that 'I had to eliminate her'."
Yoongi scrunched his nose at his narration. "Sounds like you were their puppet."
"Kinda."
"And explains why you attacked us," he pointed out. "But you seem fine now. Are you fine?"
Jimin shrugged. "Guess so.. I got memory flashbacks in the cell pops locked me into. And eventually it all came back."
"About that.." Taehyung said awkwardly, rubbing his neck, "Sorry I set him on you. But it seemed the only save solution back then. You were out of your mind after all."
Jimin waved him off quickly, shaking his head. "Don't worry, I get it. And I had missed pops anyway," he chuckled then, "Poor guy looked so offended when I couldn't remember him anymore."
Maybe that was why he had given him those ten minutes to escape. He had looked quite happy when seeing Jimin had gained back his memory and remembered who Seokjin was.
They might be rivals, like cat and mouse, but they did have a mutual respect and sympathy for each other. And he was the only cop Jimin genuinely trusted.