0.3

»»»

It wasn't difficult to spot the car where Arabella was held captive in.

There were solely ten other cars in the parking lot and only one of them had tinted windows.

Jimin cleared his throat before he casually walked over and leaned against it. Knocking three times at the back window. His signature smirk never leaving him. "Hello, hello! Anyone there?"

He heard a click and the glass began lowering itself. Revealing Araballa with a surprisingly calm expression despite the gun held against her temple. "You came!"
"Sure, darling. Couldn't let you call somebody else after all."
"You got the document?" a deep voice from behind her asked. The man in his dark gray business suit leaning a bit forward. Revealing his stone-cold face.

Jimin rolled his eyes, sighing. "Never heard of small talk, did you?" he tutted and took out the folded piece of paper. Holding it further away from the window. "Here it is. Now would you be so kind and let her go?"

"First the document."

"Hm, not sure you'd keep your promise though," Jimin grinned. The man not seeming amused at all though. He lowered his gun from her temple, pointing at him instead. "How about I just kill you and take the document instead."
Jimin huffed unimpressed, tossing it through the window then.

Satisfied, the man opened the car door and pushed Arabella out. Her landing on her knees. "Hey! Rude!" she frowned as she took Jimin's hand that was reaching out for her. She stood up, brushing the dirt off her legs.
The door closed again and the car's engine started. Arabella turning around in panic. "Wait, what about this?!" She frantically pointed at the bomb around her neck. "You said you'd take it off of me!"
The man, however, just cranked the window up again without saying another word. And they watched him drive off. Leaving her in disbelief. "What the fck!" she yelled upset, turning to Jimin. Her jaw trembling.
"Hey, hey," he tried talking her down, grabbing her hand. "We'll figure it out." And with that he tucked her towards a minivan in the back that he had spotted earlier. After all, they didn't have any time to waste. Having to take care of the issue immediately.

Picking up locks had never been an issue to him. He had practiced his skills ever since he was eight and his grandfather had forced him to learn all the great tricks and secrets of thievery. Especially cars were rather easy to get opened. Even with their supposed alarm systems. It was all just a few wires after all. Once they were cut, it was easy.

As they sat inside, he inspected the collar closely. Arabella growing anxious and impatient under his stare. The silence killing her. "You can't deactivate it, right?" she eventually laughed out dryly. Squeezing her eyes close. "It's okay, Jimin. Just admit it."
He sighed, sitting back in his seat. "I could try, but I'm afraid it could trigger it and detonate earlier."
She nodded. "Alright." Her voice not above a whisper. That was it apparently. She had always been able to get herself out of any situation, except this one it seemed. Well, they said there was a first time for everything after all. "I guess that means goodbye then."
"Don't be silly," he said and in a swift move pulled the lever of her seat, reclining it all the way back. And he hovered above her with a smirk.
"Are you an idiot? Go, run away. Or do you wanna die?" she quietly mumbled, looking away with furrowed brows. He didn't bulge though. The corners of his lips curling up even further.

"Going to the afterlife with you, wouldn't that be the best?"

Arabella laughed under her breath and glanced at him in disbelief. Her lips parting when sensing him so close to her. Their lips almost touched as his eyes smiled into hers.

Her and Jimin's story went far back. And it was a rather complicated one.
They had been through a lot together and usually it was pretty dangerous not to say threatening situations they always ended up finding themselves in. Came with the profession of being thieves and travelling all around the world for known and unknown treasures. Because usually, they weren't the only ones after them.

Still, they always managed finding a way out in the end. Now, however, it seemes they had found themselves in one they couldn't so easily get out of. Well, he could but chose not to. Which she still found idiotic and careless of him. And sweet. But that was how he was. That was the guy she loved, something she'd never admit it though. Especially not to him as it'd only get to his head. And she didn't want to appear easy to get.
However, there was an exception to the rule. And that was when she believed they wouldn't make it out alive. And it seemed to be one of these rare moments.

"Jimin, I.. I-" she began but was interrupted by a sudden clicking noise. Both looked at each other in shock, eyes growing wide. The noise came from the collar. And suddenly it clicked open, falling from her neck to the ground. "What-?"
"Huh," Jimin picked it up. Inspecting it from all sides with knitted brows. "Guess it got deactivated?" Remote access. Of course.

Arabella began fuming, seeing red. Pushing Jimin aside, she got out of the vehicle. "This asshole will pay!" she yelled. Stomping away.
"Hey, wait," he stumbled after her and grabbed her wrist. "Don't worry, the guys are already on it," he calmed her and pulled out his phone. Dialing a number. "Yeah, Tae? It's alright, it got deactivated. You can strike."
Arabella blinked. "Wait, did they-"
"Drive after them? Of course. After all, they robbed us!" he smirked, "And it doesn't leave us with a great reputation if we, the greatest gang of thieves, get robbed from some paper pushers."
Biting down her lips, she giggled. Of course they had a plan b. "Alright then, adios!" she waved and walked away. Leaving him dumbfounded.

"Wait, that was it? We still have to finish what we started!" he whined, making her giggle as she located a motorbike that she hopped on and hotwired. Starting the engine, she let it warm up for a moment. "Maybe next time." And with that she drove off. Leaving him once again alone.

Letting out a frustrated sigh, he kicked the air. Shaking his head then, he looked into the direction she had disappeared to with a fond smile. "This woman will be the death of me." 

»»»