Fintan wanted a similar outcome, as far as Kenric could tell. But instead of keeping the humans alive and in a 'sanctuary'... he wanted to watch them and their creations burn. Something happened to Fintan. its what made him so bitter... But it was something Kenric didn't know. but Fintans mind was to deep with memories for him to explore without being caught. He had been caught anyway, by Gethen. Its why he was put in the deep sea prison for so long. no people. no food. just him and a force-field that kept him from drowning and being crushed by the pressure from the midnight zone. He had a lot of time to think down there. He constantly replayed the good times. Dancing in the faint glow of the prisons force-feild, imagining Oralie as he waltzed. He thought about the past. about Elysian. about Prentice. about the council. about Sophie. all the awful decisions he had to make. He remembered constantly regretting things that he couldent even remember because he had locked them into his cache out of fear. He knew Sophie could figure it out though. the fact that she was there was prof of that. but the thing he remembered most... regretted the most... was his death. He remembered the agonizing burn as the Everblaze found him. He had remembered Fintans triumphant gaze. He remembered Fitz's fear and Sophie's determination.
most of all though... he remembered Oralie. he could see her pain and anguish. remembered her broken blue eyes. the eyes he fell for. then as quickly as death had consumed him, he had been pulled back. He remembered the crystal that Gisela held when she revived him, glowing with power he remembered from Elysian. And then Fintan's cruel smile before they locked him away into his first prison.

thought to be dead...

Now he felt like death was crawling its way back to him. Fintan's eyes sparkled as he looked at Gisela's angry face. Kenric quickly grasped Grady's tattered cloak for support. he couldent focus on the past. he couldent think about his hopes. he had to stay in reality. he wished he could tell someone what he knew. Wait... He could! Grady I need you to listen to me! This is not part of Gisela's plan, Fintan's gone rouge! Were all in serious trouble if we dont help Sophie get away. How do we get the ethertine off her? Kenric transmitted quickly.

Right! Glimmer over there, she can get it off! she just has to get close enough to touch it. He thought, an image of a girl Kenric didn't recognize flashed through Grady's mind. She was one of the people under the Psionipath's force-feild.

How do we get her out? their surrounded. Kenric transmitted as he watched the other members. Trix, Alvar, Alina (yes he found out she was part of the Neverseen after reading her thoughts breifly one time. Kenric felt sick that she had replaced him on the council.) Ruy, and Vesprea backed slowly away from the standoff surrounding the force-feilds cautiously.

I dont know... Grady thought sadly.

"My child is perfectly capable--"

"No he isn't! Your deluding yourself into thinking he will cooperate but he wont! I know he wont!"

"Hes right, I wont!" Keefe shouted defiantly. Fintan shot him a cold glare before continuing, "But dont worry Gisela... Ill make sure the plan follows through... But this time, we're doing it my way." He said, a cold glare curling over his lips. His eyes sparkled as dangerously as the Everblaze did.

"Fintan as much as I agree with your plan, what are we meant to do with them? How should this be followed through?" Vespera asked, gesturing to the two force-feilds and the people inside.

"Levrege." He replied simply. "As for following through with the plan, I'm going to make sure the lost cities burn first. We'll move them back to the prison, except for Miss. Foster here who will be helping me out for a little while." He said, smirking.

Sophie scowled, "I wont!"

Fintan laughed, "I'm afraid you dont have a choice dear."

"Your insane!" She sent a pleading look to Gethen and the other Neverseen members, "Please! You know that this is wrong! Its not what you planed for! I know that! Help me stop him before this gets any worse!" She shouted at them. Fintan's glare was sharp enough to kill someone. Sophie didn't seemed to be paying attention to him though. Gethen sighed, turning Fintan's head, "As much as I hate to admit it, shes not wrong." He said.