Chapter 40

Thank you all so much for the 3K reads! Small TW warning guys (Mentions of blood) Sorry!

Sophie pulled at her chains.

As soon as she was back in her room they attached long chains to the wall with cuffs so she couldent run again unless they wanted her to. They allowed her to reach anywhere in her room but she had to stop about 2 feet from the door. It had been two days (At least thats what they told her) but Sophie was getting nervous.

What if they were going to hurt her today?
after she had been chained they teased and jeered at her... but that wasn't the worst of it...

~Flashback to two days ago~

"STOP IT!" Sophie screamed. Ruy punched her in the mouth and Alvar locked the last cuff on her wrist. She spat and wiped the blood from her lip. She glared and panted at them as they stepped away. Gethen had left to grab something... she might be able to inflict. Her echo stirred slightly. No. She had to stop the fear before it got strong enough to break out of its jar. she took a deep breath and focused on her anger again. she glared at them again and posed her self so she could reach her daggers. Alvar started laughing maniacally, "She finally been caged am I right!? Ironic isn't it?"

Ruy chuckled. Ok, fine, You wanna play it that way? Sophie shot her hands into her boots and grabbed her two daggers before they could react.

She lunged lightning fast and slashed Ruy's cheek then sped over to Alvar and slashed his leg. Ruy screamed and Alvar grunted in surprise and fell on one knee. Blood dripped down her daggers as she stood in a defensive position. "Have anything else to say?" She said. The grinned when Ruy backed away. Alvar looked at her murderously. The invisible hands suddenly came back and grabbed her arms. She froze. Her muscles tensed and her daggers clattered to the ground. Gethen chuckled from her doorway. He came through her door with his sword. he tossed it from one hand to the other, grinning. Sophie's echo roared up and pounded around its prison. Terror flooded her mind. She felt old cracks open in her mind, like a dam was about to burst. her echo stirred and stirred, flickering into different people... different monsters. She tried to stop it. She thought about all her loved ones again and built mental cement to seal up the cracks. Her echo prowled around its corner in her mind, waiting.

Gethen came close with the sword. Gethen's hold loosened and she started backing up. She felt cornered, trapped, scared. She hit a wall and started moving again into a corner. She couldent go anywhere else. He advanced still, a wide smirk splayed across his face. When she hit the corner terror spilled through her mental dam, cracks formed again. Her eyes clouded with more and more fear. Alvar started chuckling and Ruy was quick to follow as Gethen continued his slow path.

Finally Gethen was right in front of her and pulled his sword right up to her neck. The cool sharp metal rested right under her chin. She held her head up high and gulped. Gethen tilted his head, "Scared?" He whispered mockingly. Her echo started advancing on her thoughts, ramming around its corner. Her mental dam began to creak. Pure fear coursed through her. She felt like she was drowning in terror, panicking in it but nobody could help her.

Gethen laughed at her reaction. "You need to learn your place Sophie. I have power over you, I can force you into things, I am in control now..." He said.

"Like I said..." Alvar gritted out, "Your just our little puppet now Sophie." He scoffed. Sophie didn't break eye contact, Didn't move a muscle. She was frozen in terror, paralyzed in fear. Gethen grabbed her roughly bay the arms and threw her away from her corner onto the ground. She gasped and got up on her elbows.

She breathed heavily.

Suddenly she was kicked onto her back.
Ruy pressed his foot on her chest.
She breathed heavier and heavier as he pressed his foot harder and harder into her ribs.
Her chest felt like it was exploding.
Pops erupted along her ribs and stabbed in her.
Then she heard it.
One loud pop, then another.
Two loud cracks split through the room as her ribs started to crush.
A deep pain shuddered through her bones. a chain reaction of agonizing pain burst over her chest. She screamed and let out a guttural groan. Finally Ruy stopped pressing. She sucked in shallow breaths to replace her strained, labored breaths from before. every time she breathed a shock of excruciating pain pulsed through her like electricity.