Chapter 33

"So how dose this work for you?" Sophie asked. Alina sat across from her and rolled her eyes. "I'm getting to it." She said. She held the cache in front of her. "Its different for every councilor but I think it is also linked to me." She said. Alina scrunched her her brow; She concentrated as hard as she could and said, in the sweetest and most persuasive voice Sophie had ever heard, "Open for me please."

How could the cache not open? it was impossible not to listen to her voice. Sophie shook her head. The cache maid a small *pop* and the crystals were ready. "Sophie, Before we start. I don't care about what the other councilors say but you will be keeping all this information to yourself." Alina snapped back in her normal tone.

"I will keep it private. Oralie asked the same of me when we opened her cache to." Sophie replied. Alina nodded "Are we opening every one of them?" She asked in a cool voice. Sophie raised an eyebrow, "Yes."

Alina glance nervously at the cache but it only lasted for a second before she smiled and nodded. She pressed the first crystal. There were three total sense she was a newer councilor on account of... Sophie decided not to finish that thought and focused on the memory. 

~Memory one, (Alina POV for the memories. It switches back when the memory ends)~

She dashed through the trees with Bronte close behind. "Do you think they really unleashed it?' She asked in a worried voice. but there was something else... some feeling Alina couldn't hide. she quickly snapped back to present and listened to Bronte. "I believe they did." He said when they finally stooped. he crouched down and lightly brushed over a few of the red roots sticking out of the ground. she smirked but turned it into a quick smile of sympathy. Oops. She looked back at Bronte, "then there is nothing we can do at the moment." She said. Bronte stood and gave her a blue cloth. Time for the memory wipe then. Alina took it and then the memory ended.

~End of memory one~

Sophie blinked. Alina was one of the councilors that tam and Linh saw that day. It wasn't much information now but back then it would have had an impact. Sophie couldn't shake one thought though. Why was Alina so nervous and jumpy in that Memory? why did she smirk? Sophie eyed Alina suspiciously. "Well then. The next one?" Alina said with a nervous shuffle but quickly tried to cover it up with an arrogant posture. "Yes. lets see the next one." Sophie said with a glance before pressing the next crystal.

~Memory two~

Alina was marching through and empty and dark hallway. a magenta ring was glowing around her as she maid her way through the Seat of Eminence. She was sure Stellarlune was the name of a forbidden mineral. but where was it found? She had to report to the council immediately. she also knew certain contents of the mineral can be melted down. but into what? She needed to keep this information so she could report back to the Banner. "Alina. News?" Councilor emery boomed from the other end of the room. "Yes Emery. I have prof that Stelarlune is in fact a mineral."

"Very good. may i see?" He asked, gesturing to her forehead. "Of course." Alina replied. she quickly clipped away the person in the memory and hid it as fast as she could before Emery passed her mental barriers. A small sketch of a crystalline structure was shown, it had large and clear points with a colorful glow around it. it seemed to almost be alive with power. whoever drew it did very well. "I see." Emery said. Alina opened her eyes and straightened her circlet. Emery's eyes sparked with recognition but it faded and he shook his head. "Our next step will be to locate the mineral before the Neverseen dose. Your dismissed Alina." He said and handed her a blue cloth. the memory faded out.

~End of memory two~

So Stellarlune was both a mineral, and a power source? That definitely helped but Sophie couldn't shake a nagging feeling.