Chapter 47

Remember. all rights go to Shannon messenger for writing KOTLC!

"GET OUT NOW! I WANT EVERYBODY OUT OF THIS FACILITY RIGHT NOW!" Fintan's voice screamed from the hallway. Footsteps echoed past Sophie, Grady, and Brenne's door.

"Whats going on out there?" Grady asked as he paced the room. He had hardly stopped for the whole day. Sophie had woken up from her trip about a day ago but everything seemed to quiet down. It was like all the Neverseens radars were scrambled and fuzzy. She wondered if Dex and her friends were up to something...

No... They couldent help her at this point unless they get this cursed circlet off her. She could feel the enhanced control buzzing behind her scull, reminding her it was there. She groaned as a buzzer suddenly echoed through the hall, not helping her pounding headache.

"That buzzer only goes off if..." But Brenne stopped mid sentence. He jumped up quickly and grabbed Sophie's arm, helping her off the floor. Grady was next to them in an instant. "What? Whats happening?" He asked frantically.

"This base has to be under attack!" Brenne said quickly and dragged them towards the door. He pounded at it, trying to tell someone they were in there. The door swung open and Alvar grabbed Sophie and Brenne's wrists. He was mumbling angerly..."Stupid idiots! 3 basses! 3!... Of course they figured it out! Idiots!"

"Wait what!?" Grady said stomping up behind them.

"Shut up!" Alvar shouted, dragging them down another turn.

"Whats going on!?" Sophie asked firmly, practically screaming at him. Alvar's angry expression flickered to a look of pure irritation and frustration. "Your little band of super freaks have been DEMANDING to see you three and have finally kicked up the last straw!" He yelled back and moved faster, jerking her and Brenne harder than necessary. He slammed Brenne into a wall so hard that you could hear a faint crack.

Brenne groaned.

"Stop, you'll hurt him!" Sophie shouted.

Alvar just scoffed and kept marching. Finally Alvar threw them into a big room with everyone in it. A small device was set into the ceiling. Brenne stumbled forward dizzily, still dazed, probably concussed. Grady quickly lunged and grabbed him gently, leading him back over to where Sophie was. Gethen snatched Sophie back and Alvar did the same with Grady, snapping his arms behind him. Fintan grabbed Brenne in an iron hold. Gisela was also there, waiting. Alina and Vespera entered a few minutes later with Trix and Ruy on their tails.

"There had better be a good explanation for this!" Vespera growled.

Gisela cleared her throat angerly, "It seems My son and his friends were not planning on waiting for us to decide when to bring these three back," She said, gesturing to Sophie, Grady, and Brenne, "and have made that abundantly clear. They have officially seized three of out hideouts, their are Dwarves and strangely, trolls, storming those bases right now. I have a plan to distract them though. If we play it out right we may even be able to finish the third step to stelarlune." Gisela said.

"Well then what are we waiting for? It seems we have already been invited." Alina said smugly with a grin, pulling on her hood. Gisela reached up for the device in the ceiling Gethen pulled Sophie next to him, " You are going to do exactly as I say got it? If you dont I wont hesitate to hurt anyone and everyone you love tonight, got it?" He hissed into her ear. Usually threats like this were empty, only meant to scare her...

but Gethen was dead serious. 

She nodded slightly, a tear tracing down her face. What if he made her hurt them?...