Chapter 13

How long was she out?
It felt like endless days of pain and black emptiness. Hollowness consumed her.

The nightmares were back to. Nice and vivid. She screamed as she relived horrors from the past...

Molten crystal...

Everblaze...

A sickening sweetness...

Ghostly laughter...

Sophie was in an empty room with every enemy she knew surrounding her, traping her...
they kept poking at her, hurting her for no reason... Or were they? Was this dream or reality?
she had to get out but there was no escape. She wanted it to stop. Needed it to stop. Sombody save her...
it was unbearable!

she didn't know if she could take much more. Pain sliced through her, the cold breath of death still whispering at her neck. She stayed strong... she had to hold on. Light and dark danced over her eyes.

Silveny tried her best to stop the nightmares but it didn't work. Fear was to strong, holding her in an icy grip. It strangled her voice and labored her breaths.
she was stuck in an endless dream blending the lines between reality and imagination. then the most amazing thing happened she felt cool water running down her throat. All pain was forgotten at the feeling of something new. She water stung her tongue and slid down her dry throat. she almost cried with joy when she started to wake up. Pain crushed and stretched through her as she left the fabric just between Dream and reality...

she could already squirm but immediately regretted it when she felt the pain in her chest. it felt like a gorgodon stung her, stepped on her, stung her again, and then sat on her. she was being crushed. she felt the wind expelling from her lungs. Pain crawling through her chest as she tried to breath...

She couldn't breath.

She began to panic thrashing and trying to scream from the pain. she gasped for air. again. but no luck. Her lungs were frozen, her throat to weak to take in any air.

it was awful!

She couldn't breath
She couldn't breath
She couldn't breath
She couldn't breath
She couldn't breath

The pain would have had her passed out if she was not so resilient to stay awake. to stay alive.

It tore through her like race cars on a speed way. Its speed picking up at worsening pace.

she started to hear shuffling around her.

then panicked yelling for somebody to do chest compressions.

She couldn't breath

but Sophie knew it was still the Neverseen just trying to keep her alive enough to talk, to be used. Her thoughts swirled, a fog of dizziness started settling. Soon it would become hallucination...
Then...

No

that was when she decided she wouldn't make it easy. She wasn't giving up like that!

her thoughts started to go hazy and spots were dancing across her vision but she wouldn't give up. a steady thump started pounding her chest.

AIR! she needed air!
NOW!

she heard crashing all around her. yelling turned to screaming and the thumping stopped. Still no air, still no air! Who was that? Neverseen? Somebody she cared about? Was this even real....

 she couldn't hold on much longer. Threats of panic started pulling tight, closing off her lungs further... swirling through her thouhts...
Thoughts?
Was she even alive?
Who was she?
Where was she again?
What was happening?
threats bounced around her head. Bits and pieces of words floated though her mind.

"Let her go!"

"Choices choices choices"

"Alvar!"

"Somebody help her!"

"Don't go Sophie! please!"

Sophie? She was Sophie? she saw spots again. colors dancing around her, beconing her to float off with them... Begging her to go into a world of relief...
This was it
. She was going to die. but then she herd somebody over her. she felt a steady thumping again but it wasn't enough, her lungs were still empty.

"Ok, ok. stay with me Sophie. Stay with me!"

 she recognized that voice. It was so reliving... So good to hear somebody she loved... Somebody who would help... But could he help?

Keefe?  She transmitted tentatively. She felt more and more of her slipping away as she used her strength.

"Yeah! its me!" He called back, seeming distant... To distant...

I'm... sorry... She transmitted, consciousness slipping away with every word. Her strength ebbing to something almost non existent.

"NO!" He yelled but he still sounded so far away...

To far
To far
To far

Was this all hopeless? Should she just succumb to the world of light?

I... Love... you... She managed, finally giving in to deaths cold whisper.

then the most amazing thing happened. He moved, jostling her slightly, Sending a faint strike of pain through her wounds... But then things became brighter... he leaned right over her...

And pressed his lips right to hers.

Hope you enjoyed! shout out to  @KarissaT99 for the awesome plot idea! I hope this is something close to what you were hoping! I think it gives the perfect BEGINNING to this story! I'm open to more suggestions if you guys want mentioned! I absolutely love when I can get some inspiration! see you in the next chapter!

Edit: {I am really sorry about these next chapters being so short but its mainly because of how much Sophie's consciousness drifts going in and out so much and also because of the POV changes. I'm making them as long as I can

Again sorry!

(Word count: 874)}