Chapter 12

Keefe's POV:

Keefe wiped away the tears on his cheeks.
He was happy of course!

Lady F was alive!

But he was still worried. He stared into Silveny's eyes as she was nuzzling him, letting him know Sophie was asleep. Everybody's anticipation started slamming onto him as he made it back to the real world. It felt like a punch to the gut. He doubled over slightly as he started slowing himself down again, taking in his surroundings. Wynn and Luna were jumping around their father like nothing was wrong (Greyfell looked very annoyed at this).

Everybody was staring weren't they?

Should he say something? Remember Sophie's wish. "Okayyyyyyyyy" Keefe started, standing up straight. he had to be careful with the council there. "KEEFE WHAT HAPPENED!" Grady yelled, practically screamed. Edaline was still clutching his arm. He looked older somehow... he was really worried about her. His emotions swirled around Keefe as soon as he focused on him. Worry blew over him like a windstorm. He took a deep breath to calm himself down, "Ok, ok calm down please. I'm not sure how to put this..."

"Son... what did I just feel." His dad asked. His eyes were wide, his cold defenses torne down after what he had witnessed.

"You may have felt what Sophie was feeling because i could feel it through Silveny's connection." Keefe explained. Was he really that powerful?

"Okay how many new powers do you have dude?" Tam asked. "Also dose anybody else taking this as bad?" He added, crossing his arms. Everybody nodded.

"Ok. Sophie is alive--" Keefe started.

"OH THANK EVEREST!" Grady interrupted tears leaking down his face. Relief calmed his earlier worry-ccain.

"Yeah shes alive, but shes still in a lot of pain after..." uh oh... How was he going to tell the Vacker's? His voice seemed to die in his throat...

He just had to say it. "Sophie told me what happened. She said that She could hear Gethen and my mom walk in arguing how they were going to get that ethertine circlet on her without waking her up. she was half awake and cracked a big hole in the ground that basically traped them and then got out of her bonds in the same way. she said she was about to escape after inflicting on them and thirteen other members when..."
Oh here we go...
"Uh... Alvar stabbed her in the chest. then she was out and said... well lets just say she was this close to dying." Fitz literally cursed the day away with quite a few words he really really really should not have said in front of the council. Della started crying, guilt starting to corrode her consciousness. Grady's expression turned MURDEROUS. Alden looked like he aged about 1,000 years.

"Oh I'm going to kill him! I'm absolutely going to kill my own brother for that!" Fitz screamed. His fists clinched and un-clinched and he started mutter another string of very colorful words.

"Mr. Vacker if you will please stop your yelling and let us think!" Emery shouted, "We need to infiltrate the Neverseens hideout before anybody else gets hurt."

"How!?" Fitz Shouted. "We dont even know where she is! How can we find her if we dont know where they are holding her!?" He spat. His anger was restless... his temper rose like a bomb waiting to go off any second. Keefe caught his eye and gave him a warning look. Fitz just shook his head and went back to glaring at the council.

"We are going to try to figure that out if you would just calm down Mr. Vacker." Councilor Alina said poisonously.

Fitz scowled at them and started mutters some very rude words. "Do you want to test us boy?" Bronte asked threateningly.

Fitz opened his mouth but Keefe quickly cut him off. "Slow down." Keefe said, deciding to interrupt the very dangerous stand off taking place. "I absolutely agree that we need to find her but... but we need to think smarter not harder on this." He said, considering his words carefully.
He needed to distract them.
He needed to lift their spirits...

Oh!

"Guys... Sophie wanted me to tell you all..." He stopped half tearing up. He searched everyone's expressions, searched their emotions. They all seemed so sad, like they felt anything they tried would be pointless. How were they going to find her?
Would they be to late...
No.

"Guys... she said that we were the ones that saved her from well, you know." He finished. Mixed emotions rose from everyone. Some felt sadness and more worry than even before, But soon the sadness and worry died out to sheer determination. They had to save her... She was their friend, Their family, their leader...
that was the moment everybody collectively burst into tears, happy. Sad. Angry. Proud. The emotions battered around his senses. He sucked in a deep breath to calm the racing emotions, muffling them again and instead focusing on his own.

"Alright then." Keefe continued, pouring his determination in to his voice. He needed to find her. Everyone needed to. They had to help her... "Lets bust her out of that joint, get her properly treated and blow the Neverseen off the earth For what they've done to her! Who's with me!?" Keefe said, pumping his fists, lightening the mood. It worked...

Everybody raised their fists.

"Good." Keefe said, feeling the new breeze of hope that blew through them. "Alright Dex! Your up." He finished with his old, signature smirk.

Everybody smiled, recognizing the mischievous boy that stood in front of them. He was back! The Keefe they all knew and loved was back... and better then before...

Dex gave him a mischievous grin, wiping away the rest of his tears, and started formulating a plan.

This chapter makes me happy! Hope you enjoyed!!

 Edit: {Sorry about another really short chapter Guys
(Word count: 970) }