Chapter 3

Everybody's eyes were on Sophie as the world came back into focus.

"What did he say?" everyone said in unison. Fitz and Mr. Forkle (to everyone's surprise) said it with them.

"It went... surprisingly well," She said with a sad chuckle. "He told me he's 'okay' but we all know what that could mean so at least hes not captured yet. He told me the reason why he ran away, He told me that he was really scared about his new ability's. I told him that he didn't have to run away about that but he just said he needed some time to think and get better with controlling it. He gave me some extra information but he made me promise not to share so I wont be." She finished, giving them pointed looks that seemed to say, Don't even ask on that last part.

Mr. Forkle didn't get the hint.

"Miss Foster," Mr. Forkle said with a sigh, "Do I have permission to see your thoughts, somebody has to know this information other than you." he said as if that explained everything.

"Mr. Forkle when I say I will guard this secret I mean it. No I don't give you permission." She said it so bluntly that he looked actually surprised by the resistance.

"Then I'm sorry you wont be given a choice but I really must see." He said sadly.

She gave him a grin, "Go ahead and try." She said. He started intently staring at her but Sophie didn't even flinch.

He struggled for one more minute before giving up and gasping. The look on his face was pure shock. "Wait, You cant get into her mind!" Alden shouted mouth hanging open when he nodded. Alden's face flickered between shock and amazement.

"Let me try, if thats okay?" Fitz asked. Sophie gave him a nod. A minute later he was also gaping at her.

"Like I said, I will be keeping this as secret as possible but I'll let you in to make sure I can still open it back up." she said.

Mr. Forkle reluctantly agreed not to snoop and only to test so, Sophie Reversed the vacuum pushing open the small door. A minute later Mr. Forkle was whispering in her head like nothing happened. You Truly have learned all by yourself. I have no doubt you could open your mind to others with simple commands while still being impenetrable. He Transmitted. His expression went from one of shock to a very prideful gaze.

Should i try? She asked

I see no reason why you shouldn't. But its your choice. He transmitted politely. With that curious comment Sophie was happy to try. What if she could?...

"Alden try pushing into my mind." She said excitedly. Fitz got a wide smile on his face, already understanding.

"Are you sure this will work?" Alden asked curiously.

"Were going to find out." Sophie said with a small smile. Sophie imagined a room full of buttons and each opened a 'door' in her mind. Maybe it was all in her head. Maybe she really could do this at will.

She pressed one of the buttons. She hoped it would open a door for Alden.

For the first time she herd his crisp mental voice whispering in her head Excitedly. Him and Mr. Forkle were in her mind! And she had let them in! As soon as she sealed her self off again nobody could get in again. "That is crazy!" She said happily. It was a good change of pace to. She was finally calming down... Keefe was going to be okay... Things were already looking up.

"I figured you'd find out eventually." Mr. Forkle said. He smiled at her. Pride filled his expression; Flooded his mind. She did it...

But something was... off. A breeze blew in her face. Alden and Mr. Forkle were talking about possibility with her new development. Everybody else seemed to be relaxing. Keefe was going to be okay. So what was going wrong? Why was she suddenly so on edge. Ro's expression shifted slightly and she started sniffing the air. She elbowed Sandor and started whispering. Grizle's eyes widened and the wind very subtly picked up. They started spreading around. Sophie caught Ro's eye and gave her a look that said, Somethings wrong here?

Ro just nodded. Uh oh...

Fitz  She called

He answered almost immediately, Is something wrong?  He asked, seeing her worried expression.

I think someone is watching us...

Who do you--

Feel for the wind She transmitted. His eyes widened when he realized the wind was picking up and he started reaching for his weapon.

The gusts became stronger and stronger whipping around them, closing in on them. Sophie started backing up. Wylie's expression changed from a smile to a look of pure fear. They were back...

The wind continued to get worse. Unnatural gusts of wind. Only one ability allowed somebody to bend wind.

Trix... 

"Everybody SCATTER!" Sophie yelled but it was to late... The Neverseen had already closed in on them.

They were already surrounded by Lady Gisela and four other members of the Neverseen...

"Well hello everyone!" She said with mock excitement, "A party? And we weren't invited? What a shame..." She said with and evil grin.

Cliffhanger after cliffhanger after cliffhanger!! I Might just keep going. ;) Hope you enjoyed!

Edit: (I am so sorry about the short chapter. Ive just finished editing most of it and trying to improve it butttt its harder than it looks especially since I wrote this chapter really really short (oof)

I promise the other chapters will be longer than this!

Word count: 928)