"Gonna be slow." The man informs Morgan.
He steps around Morgan and raises the ax at me. He swings it and I duck in time before I slam my blade upwards into his jaw, stopping his movements.

Bastard.

Another runs up to us and I pull my blade out and hold it up defensively. "Dani! It's me!" Carol calls out. I lower my knife looking her up and down. She camouflaged herself as one of them, with blood and a bandana over her face.

Hmm, clever but weird.

Morgan whirls to me. "I could have stopped him." He says angry and I roll my eyes at him. "Then what? Invite him over for tea and talk about the dead body he was chopping up?" I question sarcastically.

"Are the others back?" Carol questions completely ignoring Morgan, just keeping her attention on me. "No, it's happening now." I respond. "They're doing it now?" Carol gasps. "They had to." I respond gravely. "The quarry opened up. We had no choice."

Carol nods as she dips her fingers in the man's blood and paints a 'W' on her forehead. "These people don't have guns." She informs me still ignoring Morgan. I didn't realise there was tension between the two of them, but looking back and forth between them, I sense a lot.

"I could have stopped him." Morgan repeats more intensely. Me and Carol ignore him again. "If they have guns, they'd be using them." She tells me. I nod and look around, taking in the damage of our home. There are dead bodies and blood all lying around.

"Did you hear me?" Morgan asks aggressively taking a step towards me.

Big mistake.

I point my knife to his neck. "I wouldn't do that if I was you." I say, glaring. I'm majorly pissed of right now for many reasons and he's one of them. So if he's not careful, he's gonna earn a one way ticket to the infirmary.

Morgan swallows but doesn't answer me. Instead he just stares, like he's trying to figure me out. I turn to Carol. "We need to get to the armoury before they do or there will be hell to pay." I say firmly. "If we keep moving, this might work." She nods agreeing. "You don't have to kill people." Morgan says in a quiet yet firm voice.

This guy can't be for real, right?

Carol finally whirls on him, her face pulled in disgust. "Off course you do." She argues. "Carol!" He exclaims. "You don't like it." She freezes at his words, her eyes vulnerable for a second. And then that second is gone and the disgust is back. "I need to get to the armoury and I need your help." She says to Morgan.

"You guys go." I say as I hear a scream. "Save as many as you can. Kill as many as possible." Carol commands. I smirk. "This is what I do." I go to move before I hesitate. "The boys and nugget?" I question.

If anything happens to them, I will lose my mind.

Carol turns to me. "Carl and Liam each have rifles and have nugget locked in the house." I breath out a small sigh of relief at her words.
I nod and take off in that direction. Before I can help anyone else, I need to check on my family. I needed to know they are safe.

I come across another man whose leaning over a woman's dead body. He dips his fingers in her blood and writes on his forehead. He hasn't seen me so I let my knife fly and it lands in the base of his skull. His body drops onto the dead body. I hesitate pulling my knife out as I see who the girl is.