Chapter 13-Salsa Dancing and Jealousy

Dedicated to conleyswifey for her recent support!! Thank you!!

Here is another installment of LP! Enjoy and I will update asap, but I will warn my avid readers that tomorrow I have uni and kid has a game so I am almost certain it will not be tomorrow. Hopefull within a few days I will have time to write again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 13

We were getting very into the make out session when he grabbed my face and stilled his hips.

“Jennifer, we have to stop,” he said breathing heavily. Breathing just as heavily I tried to pull his face back saying, “What if I don’t want to stop?” His eyes searched mine.

“What?” he asked with disbelief in his eyes.

“I DON’T WANT TO STOP,” I said slowly punctuating each word with a kiss to his neck and chest. He groaned and layed down on the love seat and began kissing along the strap of my shirt. But when he went to untie the knot at the back of my neck I tensed ever so slightly still frightened about the unknown of what was to happen. His hands froze instantly. His eyes went from my chest where he had been kissing to my eyes. He held my gaze for a minute and then removed his hands from my shirt let out a long breath and sat up.

“I think its time for you to head home sweetheart,” he said.

“No, why?” I asked. He smiled very sweetly at me.

“You aren’t ready,” he stated.

“Yes, yes I am. I promise I am ready. I’m just a little scared is all I mean it’s my first time,” I said.

“Exaclty! We will wait until you aren’t scared at all. I think maybe we should try cooling off with the intense relationship stuff for now and try being friends for a while,” he said as he helped me from the couch. On my way home, I couldn’t help but wonder why I tensed when he tried to take it further. I was the one who initiated it, I was the one who wanted it yet he was the one who stopped it. Maybe I just don’t have that raw sex appeal. In the romance novels they always talk about this animalistic need the man has for his woman. Maybe I need to just forget about men and relationships right now and have some fun. Maybe tomorrow I should call Tricia and see if she wants to hang out.

After a nice long bath, I put my comfiest pajamas on and watched movies until I fell asleep. A beeping noise brought me awake. My phone lighting up caught my attention. Reaching over to my night stand, I grabbed my phone. The display read, new message from Sergeant Squishy Pants. Yes I gave him that name on my phone…after all Elizabeth is wise, even if she is embarrassing.

“Hey sweetheart, whatcha doing? I was thinking about you and wanted to make sure you were okay after last night,” he texted. Typing in my phone quickly I sent him a message back saying, “Yes I am fine and I am thinking about going out with my friend Tricia tonight.” Beep, I hear my phone go off again.

“Have a good time and be careful I have to work so if you need anything I will be patrolling and around don’t hesitate to call,” he texted. I smiled at his thoughtfulness until I noted the time it was only 6:35 a.m. Ugh! Does the man not sleep ever? Rolling over throwing my phone on the bed I fell asleep almost instantly. Later that day I finally woke up to realize it was Saturday and I didn’t have to work so I texted Tricia to see if she wanted to hang out tonight. She replied to me saying she was planning on going to the Santoros Club in the nearby city because tonight was their salsa night; as in salsa dancing, of which we both took lessons a few years back. I don’t even know if I remember all the steps. Wanting to look extra hot tonight I went shopping and bought a nice semi-short flowing dress.

After picking up Tricia she informed me that she needed to stop by the local department store to pick up some shoes because she wanted some more suitable for salsa dancing. We had finally after 30 minutes found her shoes she fell in love with. As we were leaving I accidentally ran into someone.

“Sorry, I didn’t see you,” I started to say as I looked up into warm, chocolate eyes.

“Hey Marty!” Tricia said behind me.

“Hey, what are you ladies up to?” he asked her. It bothered me that he was addressing her versus me, which told me he was still upset with me and avoiding me possibly.

“We are going to Santoros for Salsa night,” Tricia said all bubbly.

“Well have a good time,” he said as he winked at her causing me to want to rip his head or her head off their shoulders.

The only thing I could think about all the way into the city and the club was the way Marty winked at Tricia. Pulling into the club we could see that it was packed. Finally entering the club we went to the bar and order pops since we were of age to buy drinks. We weren’t there long before a couple of guys came up and asked us to dance. It was so much fun dancing and letting everything else go for a while. After an hour of dancing, Tricia and I met back up at the bar and ordered some waters to relieve the dry mouths we had from all the dancing. We were sitting at the bar on stools just chatting when I felt a presence behind us. We both turn at the same time to reveal Marty standing there. Hope sprang up within me that he came here to find me. Dante and I aren’t together, together so it’s not like I would be cheating on him or anything.

Marty took Tricia’s hand and said, “Wanna dance?” My eyes bulged when Tricia gladly nodded and took off in the arms of the only man who has had a hold on my heart. Some friend she is!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rutroh, Poor Jenn is getting rejected right and left! :(