Chapter 21-Surprise

While we have some intersting progress in this chapter it is NOT the last chapter folks...There is more to come! Photo on the side is our new girl Lydia

======================================================

Chapter 21

Three weeks later…

In the past weeks, Marty has stayed true to his word of being my friend. Things are no longer weird between Danny, Marty and me. In just a couple of weeks I start my college courses at Gandolf community college and I am super excited about starting. Over the past few weeks I have noticed that Tricia has been coming around more. I guess the whole crazy weekend at her house really made us closer.

 I have seen Dante a few times and we have gone out as friends only. Things are just natural with him. He is so easy going unless he is on duty. Tricia said that Marty didn’t like me going out with Dante, but Dante is and always will be my friend. Tonight we were all going bowling. Danny, Marty, Tricia and her cousin Lydia from two counties over, and I are all going to Bowltown.

We all were having a great time. Lydia is kind of shy and sort of emo looking but she was really nice if you talk with her. She was really beautiful; she reminded me of a 50’s pin up girl, but with a lot of tattoos. She was almost six foot tall and had curves a Barbie doll would envy. As we got teamed up to bowl I ended up with Dante as my partner, Danny and Lydia got partnered, and Marty and Tricia partnered for the bowl. I have to admit that I did feel a little jealousy of seeing Tricia and Marty laughing and getting on so well, but it wasn’t justified because I had set him free. Dante noticed my mood.

“You okay?” he whispered. I had over the weeks told him all about my relationship with Marty and that I still loved him, but needed a break from the intensity of the whole thing.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” I said. He threw his arm around my shoulders.

“How bout we go find you a coke?” he asked, but before he could walk anywhere his arm was flung off me. I turned to see what was going on when I saw Marty and Dante nose to nose having some sort of silent stand off.

“Whoa, can we talk?” I asked Marty as I stepped in between him and Dante. Dante immediately stepped back giving me room. Marty pulled off his bowling shoes stomped into his sneakers as I did the same and then I followed him outside into the muggy night air. As we began to descend the old crumbling concrete steps of the bowling alley I asked, “You wanna tell me what that was?” Spinning around so fast I nearly didn’t see it, Marty pinned me up against the wall.

“I can’t do it! I can’t watch you move on,” he said sounding broken as he nuzzled my neck breathing in my perfume.

“Marty,” I started to say, but was cut off by his searing kiss. It was rough, demanding, and it was turning me on like never before. My hands snaked their way around his neck and into his thick sandy brown hair as I pulled him in to deepen the kiss. He nipped at my bottom lip and I immediately opened for him. Wanting, needing his touch, his kiss, and his love. Still pinned against the concrete wall of the old bowling alley bending down without breaking the kiss he wrapped my legs around his waist to gain closer access to my body, while freeing his hands as his whole body pressed my upper half into the cold concrete. A throat clearing brought us both from the lust fog we had entered. Looking to the side we saw Dante standing there with Tricia.

“We were just making sure you were okay, but it seems you have worked it out in your own way,” Dante said chuckling as he ushered a smiling Tricia back into the bowling alley. We just looked at one another as he slowly sat me back on my feet. He leaned his forehead against mine as we both tried to calm our breathing.

“I’m sorry, Jenni. I said I could be your friend, but I can’t. It has killed me the past weeks to watch you, wait for you, only to see another man put his hands on you tonight. If you don’t want me then I will bow out gracefully and leave town. I will go back to Baltimore and finish university there. Goodbye Jenni, know that I will always love you,” he said as he started to back away from me. Panic like never before struck my very being. He was leaving and he was leaving because of me. I could lose him completely.

“Marty wait,” I said as he only made it a few feet away from me. He turned and I saw pain fill his expression. Pain I had caused and it broke me. This was the sign I had been waiting for. He is where I belong, Marty is my future.

“What?” he asked looking like he just wanted to get the hell out of there.

“I love you too. I can’t be just your friend either,” I told him in two long strides his lips were assaulting mine once again in a blissful torture. He picked me up bridal style and carried me to his truck. After taking me to his house he showed me just how much he loved me more than once. With my body still humming from his lovemaking he lifted himself from the bed causing a whimper to come from me.

“Come back to bed,” I demanded in a whiney voice. When he came back over to the bed instead of laying down and snuggling up with me he grabbed both of my hands and pulled me to my feet. With both of us stark naked he got down on one knee and said, “Jennifer Ann Castanza you are the reason my heart continues to beat. You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. I want to watch your belly grow with our baby. I want to laugh with you and spend my sudays being lazy with you. Will you do me the incredible honor of allowing me to become your husband?” As he asked the last question he opened the light blue box in his hand and it held a small band of gold that had a beautiful diamond in the center. Tears began pouring from my eyes.

“Honey I really need you to say something here,” he said sounding nervous. Looking at him on his knee in all his glory I wiped my tears got down on both of my knees so that I could kiss his lips.

“Yes, yes I will marry you Martin Jones. I love you!” I responded finally.

====================================

Remember this is NOT the end...Comments especially from Team Marty?