Chapter 8-Officer Garcia

Here is chapter 8 and it is dedicated to CatherineLoveVincent for all her support and for making me covers for my stories.

========================================================

Chapter 8

As we made our way to the small parking lot in front of the library I was looking for Marty's truck but my eyes landed on Jason's smokey gray Dodge Charger.

"Shit," I said outloud causing Marty to turn his attention to where I was looking.

"What the hell! Has he been stalking you?" Marty asked angrily.

"Not that I know of but he did come by earlier to say he would be taking me home after work," I was hastily explaining as Jason exited his car. As Jason stomped his way over to us with a murderous expression on his face Marty pushed me behind him.

"What's going on Jason," Marty asked calmly, but I could hear the threat in his tone.

"I came to pick up my girl," he said as he started to passby Marty to grab me. Marty moved faster than I could see as he flung his arm out stopping Jason's approach to me. His hand landed on Jason's chest. Jason was brought to a hault by Marty's log of an arm.

"What the hell do you think your doing, man," Jason said intimidatingly. Marty didn't seem phased in the least at Jason's outburst.

"She will be leaving with me," Marty said leaving no room for negotiation.

"Like hell she will. Jenn come on let's get out of here," Jason said with confidence clear in his attitude.

With his hand still on Jason's chest Marty pushed him away a little and said, "Listen shithead I told you she wasn't going with you. I would've thought you learned with the last ass whoopin you got from me."

"The only reason my ass got a whoopin is because there were four of you and one of me. Things are a little more even now wouldn't you say, college boy," Jason taunted.

Finally, I had heard enough of their macho man trip. Stepping out from behind Marty I watched as I did this and saw the cocky smirk cross Jason's face, obviously he thought he had won this conversation.

"Enough! Jason I am not going with you now or ever. From now on I want you to stay away from me. Anything I thought we had was never real. You have lied to me, cheated on me, and made a complete fool out of me. I am done with all of it," I said looking him straight in the eye. He stepped closer to me and I was surprised that Marty hadn't stopped him. His hand reached out and stroked my cheek making me a little ill, because I just told him I was done.

"Just give me one last kiss and if you are done after that I will leave you alone," he said loud enough for Marty to hear and I guess that was going too far. Marty grabbed Jason by the collar of his shirt to pull him away as we heard a squad car blast a siren. All three of us looked to the cop car pulling into the parking lot. We all froze. The car pulled blocking us all three in the parking lot. The police officer exited his car, putting his hat on.

"We had a complaint that there was a man harassing a woman in this parking lot. Then I pull in to see this dude pulling you off her," the police officer said to the guys. "Who wants to tell me what the problem is so I can solve it," the officer threatened. The officer seemed really pissed, moreso than I thought he should be considering nothing too severe had happened here. I mean officers are used to seeing gruesome things.

"There's no problem here officer, just a misunderstanding," Jason piped up. The officer raised one dark eyebrow at Jason.

"Well, I guess that means I won't see you approach this young lady again, correct?" the officer said. He posed it as a question but his approach wasn't leaving any question that it wasn't an inquiry at all, but rather a demand.

"Yeah, of course; am I free to go sir?" Jason asked.

"Yes, but I better not have to see you again anytime soon," the officer said intimidatingly. I was so thankful the officer had showed up when he did and I have no doubt who called him; Elizabeth had her face glued to the window when I had glanced toward the library. Jason finally took off after one more meaningful look at me.

"Ma'am may I get your name, the perps name and any witnesses to this incident?" the officer asked. I gave the officer all the information I had even that Jason was my ex.

"Ma'am, if you wouldn't mind, I would appreciate it if you and your boyfriend here would accompany me downtown to make a report. This will be a protective measure in case he tries something again," officer Garcia as his uniform showed requested.

"Sure but he's not my boyfriend," I said. When I said this, which was the truth, I felt Marty stiffen next to me. The officer looked amused by my confession as he got back in his patrol car and we climbed into Marty's truck to follow the officer to the police station. On the way to the station, Marty asked, "Was it so bad for someone to think I was with you?"

His question caught me off guard and I just stared into his face. "No, I mean I just didn't want to offend you by letting the assumption of the cop make things weird. I guess my good intention was an epic fail," I said trying to rid the situation of the awkwardness that I had created. We both laughed a little and he dropped it so I guess my attempt at defusing the weirdness was successful. We were quiet for the rest of the ride to the station. Once we arrived we were shown the way to Officer Garcias's office by a secretary. Garcia was awaiting our arrival.

"Miss Castanza, we can get right to the report now if you don't mind," he said to me. We sat there for almost an hour going over the minute details of the incident with Jason. Marty had gone to get us some sodas from the cafeteria.

"We are all finished here Miss Castanza, if you have any issues please don't hesitate to call the station," Garcia said. As I made my way to the door Garcia called out to me.

"Miss Castanza?"

"Yes officer?" I asked.

"Now that we are done with official business, I was wondering would you like to join me for a cup of coffee sometime?" he queried. Barely holding in a gasp of shock I tried to smile politely at the officer.

"Sure, that would be nice," I said honestly, because it did sound appealing. He was just about a head taller than me, with very dark skin that was beautiful. He seemed to fill out his uniform nicely as well. He wasn't bulky with muscle but he looked strong and lean.

"Have a good day, Jennifer," he said as I was walking through the door to find Marty with an extra pep to my step.

================================================

Looks like there may be some competition brewing...