Chapter 27-Dead or Alive

This is a mini-chapter for those who couldn't wait lol...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ch 27

Danny POV contd

Still sitting in my car at the bonfire, I was trying to figure out when the hell this happened. Tricia has been around forever and I never got vibes like this from her. But in reality I guess I had never actually spent any time with her. She would always make a bee line for Jenn’s room if she came to our house, while most of the time I guess Jenn had went to her house. I remember dropping Jenn off at her house tons of times. I have heard of love at first sight, I’ve heard of friendships turning into love, but what is this? I have known her forever, but we aren’t even friends per se. She was more of the tag along friend of the little sister. Truth be told I guess I had never given her a second look. She thinks I am a manho, so how in the hell will I ever convince her otherwise? I may not be able to convince her.

Starting my baby up, I smiled listening to her purr. My 69 chevelle always manages to make most everything better. Beginning my drive home, I drove at an unusually slow pace so I could continue to just enjoy the ride before I had to think about Tricia again. Well, there goes that. Not even my baby can keep my mind from wandering to that woman. Off in lala land I didn’t see anything coming at the stop light until I heard the horn…

Jennifer’s POV

“I think I am gonna go home sweetheart. I love you,” Marty said for the third time as I pulled him back down on the bed with me. He groaned and flipped us over.

“Do you have any idea how much you mean to me?” he asked.

With the most innocent eyes I could muster I said, “Enough to get you to stay for 10 more minutes.” He laughed at my guilt trip I was throwing at him.

Tweeking my nose and then motioning down his body he said, “Damn straight, how could I deny you all of this?” I smacked his arm laughing out loud. I was thinking that things could not get better than this. Suddenly, my door burst open. My mother was standing there in her pajamas looking half dead.

“Mom, are you okay?” I asked.

“We have to get to the hospital,” she said.

“Okay, why do WE need to go?” I asked her.

“Danny, he’s been in an accident. They wouldn’t tell me anything more,” she said beginning to finally break down. As she began sinking to her knees Marty caught her and carried her out to his truck. He drove Mom and me to the hospital as we held onto one another weeping. We were weeping for the unknown condition of my big brother. Is he still alive? If he is what condition will he be in?

Marty parked at the ER entrance and ushered mother and I in before going back to park. Holding mom’s hand we walked up to the desk.

“Hey Bernice, Danny is here. Car wreck,” Mom said in a panicked voice that had the lady looking up quickly as she sat behind her desk at the ER admittance desk.

“Come on back, Dhira,” the lady said to my mom. We rushed around the counter and through a doubled door. The lady met us back there and took us to a room. As she turned to us she said, “I want you to wait here. I didn’t want to leave you out there with the public. As soon as I hear something I will come and get you.”

Mom grabbed the woman’s arm, “What do you know about him! I have to know everything Bernice.”

Bernice let out a breath and looked at the floor and told mom, “It doesn’t look good honey. His car was hit by a truck at the driver’s door. He was unconscious when they brought him through. I am so sorry, Dhira.” She hugged mom as we all cried for my brother. A few minutes later Marty joined us in the little room we were waiting in. I just want my big brother back! I don’t care if I sound childish. My dad left and now God wants to take Danny, well he can’t have him, not yet. We sat there till the late hours of the next morning waiting and praying God wouldn’t take him from us. Marty did his best to take care of mom and me.

 ----------------------------------------------------------------