Chapter 24-Hangover

Someone asked for an update TODAY! lol so here it is!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 24

Danny POV

Holy shit my head hurts like a mofo. My mouth tastes like a thousand cotton balls. What the hell is that noise? It sounds like someone is just banging the hell out of pots and pans. Stumbling out my bedroom door I slowly make my way down the stairs to see Jenn actually banging pots and pans together.

“Have you lost your freaking mind?” I said covering my ears to muffle the horrendous sound of the pans claning together. Jenn smiled at me with a glint in her eyes that told me I was in some shit.

“Dear brother, whatever is the matter,” She said as she slammed two pans on the counter top with a bang that coursed through my aching brain. I walked over to where she was and placed my hands on the pans glaring at her.

“Why are you trying to cause me intense pain, when you clearly know I have a hangover,” I said quietly.

“How about you tell me why Tricia was running out of here like wild horses where chasing her ass while she was only about half dressed?” she demanded. Never before has my little sister been so angry with me.

“What’s with the interest in my personal life all the sudden?” I asked getting angry because it’s none of her business what I do.

“When my only girl friend is running out of my house crying her eyes out half dressed it’s on my radar jackass,” she told me.

“She was crying?” I asked. I don’t remember her being upset with me. I just remember we were having a good time and then nothing.

“YES SHE WAS CRYING,” she yelled at me punctuating each word like a sword through the top of my skull.

“Okay okay jesus please it’s hard enough to try to figure out what the hell is going on without you screaming at me,” I tell her as I walk away.

“Don’t walk away from me Daniel Ray Castanza!” she yelled at me. I brushed her off with a non committal wave of my hand as I made my way to the bathroom to take care of the three S’s; shower, shit and shave.

After taking care of business in the bathroom I figured I better try to remember what happened last night to make Tricia so upset she would cry. Even drunk I would never force a girl to do anything with me so I am not worried about that. Usually, I just set my sights on which girl I want and they usually fall at my feet so long as they don’t have a beau. I never poach the pooty. College has been incredible. In high school I had my fair share of girls but in college I was a god. And I always practice safe sex. No babies and no STD or STI for this guy.

I have set here and racked my brain as to what I did wrong to upset Tricia and I have no clue. All I can remember is that her skin tasted incredible and her lips were like fine satin against mine. I definitely remember how turned on I was before I passed out I guess. Hell I remember the way her voice sounded all husky when she said my name. But not one damn thing that was bad. Tricia has always kind of been around in the background but never have I thought of her in a sexual way. She is hot, but so are a lot of other girls. Hell I guess I will have to go talk to her or Jenn will have my ass for sure. Walking into the kitchen I grabbed the bottle of aspirin and took three of them to hopefully calm down the headache at least.

“So what are you gonna do to fix this mess? My one and only friend refuses to answer my calls and texts,” she told me with her hands on her hips in the pissed off Jenn stance.

“I’ll go talk to her. Nothing bad happened between us that I can remember, so I have no idea why she would run away crying,” I tell her. Now hungover and pissed off I have to go have a heart to heart with my sister’s friend. This is freaking stupid if you ask me. I mean damn if she had a problem all she had to do was say so.

Firing up my chevelle I winced at the loud exhaust of the beast; something I am usually revving up and proud of. AS the sun beat down torturing me I grabbed my aviators and gently put them on my head.Before I knew it I was pulling into Tricia’s driveway. For some reason I abruptly felt very nervous. That’s weird I am never nervous, but usually like I said the girls I am with walk away willingly and I don’t even know for sure what happened last night. Leaving my sunglasses on in an attempt to hide my bloodshot eyes, I pushed the doorbell and waited.

“Well hello there stranger. How are you son?” The ever hiper Tricia’s mother asked.

“I’m good,” I said feeling awkward. She reached out and grabbed my arm.

“Well get your hiney in here young man. Gee you have grown 6” since I last seen you. What’s your momma feeding you anyhow? Are you still playing football? Oh look at me where are my manners? Would you like a cola sweetie?” She fired questions at me so fast I thought my head would combust right there.

“No thank you ma’am. Actually I just came to talk to Tricia,” I said.

“Oh hun, go on up to her room. She has been pouting all day for some reason and she refuses to talk to me so good luck,” she said giddily. I swear the woman must take drugs to be that happy all the time. Trudging down the hall toward her room, I knocked.

“Go freaking away mom! I cannot listen to your happy crap right now. I love you but please leave me alone,” she said angrily.

“It’s not your mom. It’s Danny,” I said. I heard some shuffling in her room and I was beginning to walk away when the door opened a crack. Her hair was a mess and her one eye she let me see was puffy. Dammit she had been crying apparently for a while.

“What do you want? Is something wrong with Jenn?” she asked sniffling.

“Jenn is fine. Can I come in?” I asked her pushing on her door a little.

“Fine,” she said as she opened the door all the way as she walked over to her bed and sit down grabbing a pillow and hugging it to her like she was trying to protect herself. That bothered me that she would think she needed protection from me. Why did that bother me? Hmm, I don’t have time to worry about it now.

“Well?” she asked. What the hell do I say now? I didn’t think through this enough.

“About last night,” I started. She shook her head.

“No, I know. I should’ve just called you a cab. Feel better, now you can leave,” she said hatefully as she looked at the floor.

“Dammit woman let me talk!” I said loud enough that it made me grimaced at the pain it caused. She looked up to me in shock.

“Now, I don’t know what all happened last night because I was kind of schnokered. But from what I remember we were having fun and then my sister jumps my ass this morning telling me you ran out of our house half naked and crying. What did I do to make you cry?” I said figuring it was better to just get to the point because I have no patience. She jumped off of her bed causing the pillow to fall to the floor as she pushed at my back to try to get me out of her room.

“Nothing, now please leave,” she said and it just pissed me off to no end. I stood still as stone as she pushed on me.

“No,” I said she stopped pushing.

“What do you mean no?” she asked her anger glinting in her beautiful blue eyes.

“I mean I am not going any damn place until you tell me what I did to you,” I said as I made my way to her bed and layed back with my hands behind my head, getting comfortable. I noticed that her bed smelled like her. It smelled like vanilla cupcakes and something else that I can’t describe. She glared at me as she stomped out of her room. I chuckled; the little fireball thinks she is going to out wait me. I snuggled up to her pillows breathing in that vanilla mixture she always smells like, I wonder if its perfume? Umm, I think I could take a nap.

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Who do you think is more stubborn? Danny or Tricia?