OT7 - Jay Centric

Request!! :DD

Am I writing instead of studying and doing work for finals? Yes, yes I am. 

Is it worth it? Yes, yes it is. 

Angsty as fuck, but is it still good? Yes! Yes it is.

Enjoy ¨̮  Sorry for any typos!!

***

Jay was tired. 

Jay was tired, but as he opened his eyes this morning, he knows the only way he'll be able to make it through is to ignore the fact that he's tired. 

He's not sleepy. Jay gets about six to eight hours every night, and that's plenty enough for him. 

But still, Jay was tired. 

Physically tired? No. 

Mentally tired? He was exhausted. 

Jay wasn't someone who would easily let his walls down around anybody, even his own members who he's lived every single day with for about three years now. He liked keeping to himself, he didn't want to bother anyone else. 

But as Jay laid in his bed while the sun was rising outside of the curtains, he knew that maybe he was mistaken. 

Even though the idea of sharing his thoughts with anybody was terryfying, maybe that's what he was supposed to be doing for the past three years. It even goes beyong Enhypen, his mind started fogging when he was just a trainee. 

You can't realize this now, Jay scolded himself, hearing somebody in the kitchen who didn't care to be quiet at this time of the morning, you're gonna have to continue to suck it up. 

So he did. 

He stood from his bed, cursing at himself at how heavy his limbs felt, his mind feeling extra clouded today. 

He walked over to his dresser, but he had to take a second, closing his eyes and leaning against the furniture. He could fall back asleep like this. 

"Jay-ah?" He could hear Jake's voice from behind him, he turned his head. "You alright Jay?" Jake asks, standing up from his own bed. 

Jay shoots the other a smile before nodding once, "all good, just waking myself up." He answers, his arms feeling like bricks. 

"Alright," Jake said, nodding to the other 02, "I'm gonna shower first." 

Jake left their shared room, and Jay was alone. This is gona be harder today than I thought. 

Nonetheless, Jay pulled a change of clothes from his drawer, waiting still for Jake to finish showering. The other came out of the bathroom clad in boxers and a white t-shirt, his hair hanging wet and scruffled on top of his head. 

Jay ignored how good he looked. 

"All yours Jongseong-ah." Jake smiled, patting Jay's shoulder before the two swapped places. 

Jay entered the bathroom, his brain felt almost frozen. but his body continued to move as if his shower routine was muscle memory. 

He stood under the scalding hot water for who knows how long, his eyes zoned out to a single tile on the shower's wall. A knock on the door and his name being called was what broke him out of it, quickly turning off the shower and leaving the bathroom. 

Jungwon was standing outside the door and he looked at Jay concerningly. "Hyung, are you alright?" He asked, knowing Jay always took at most five minutes in the shower, but ten minutes had already come and gone before he knocked on the door.