Chapter 30: In Your Arms

It took almost an hour before the police came. The killer escaped and he successfully killed Argus. He was shot in the head and died on the spot. Who would survive a gunshot in the head?

"Are you sure you're okay now?" Becky asked the moment we arrived at the room.

I nodded my head and smiled at her. I looked at her lovely and innocent face while she was staring at me. I bet she was still worried, so I grabbed her waist and kissed her on the lips.

"Freen," she said in a threatening voice. "Answer me." She prompted.

"Yes, I'm okay. Look at me. Do I look like a sick person to you?" I asked.

Becky rolled her eyes and removed my hands from her waist. She turned around and removed all her jewelry.

"Heng said that we shouldn't think about what happened. We must rest and take a good night's sleep." Becky wiped her makeup while informing me.

I hugged her from the back and gently kissed her neck.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"I'll teach you a lesson," I answered.

"What lesson?"

"On how to put a hickey on the neck." I chuckled and unzipped her dress.

Becky was about to say something but it was cut off by my kiss. I let her gown fall as I devoured her mouth from behind. Becky parted from the kiss and squinted at me.

"Let me take that off too." Becky completely removed her gown, leaving only her undergarments. And then she went to me to unzip my dress and hauled it from me. "You're beautiful in it, but you're gorgeous when it's off."

Becky pulled the back of my neck to press her lips on mine. "Promise me, Freenky. You won't do this to anyone else, but me."

┈┈┈┈․° ☣ °․┈┈┈┈

After a steamy night with Becky, I woke up naked beside her. I looked at the digital clock on her bedside table and it was only 3 am, so I decided to wear a satin spaghetti strap top and short satin pajamas.

Before I left, I kissed Becky's forehead and locked the door where it could be open from both sides. I wanted to get some fresh air. I wanted to breathe.

My feet journeyed to the rooftop and heard a violent slap from afar. It wasn't my intention to eavesdrop but they were so loud.

"How dare you? You played with my feelings, Heng!"

My eyes widened when I heard Heng's name. I couldn't see who they were but I am positive that the Heng the girl mentioned was the president I knew.

"I'm sorry," he muttered. "I tried, but I couldn't look at you the way you wanted me. I tried to get her off my mind, but I couldn't."

"So you played with me? Why didn't you tell me earlier that it's her you love? Why did you have to pretend you have a crush on me?" The girl shouted and landed another slap.

I wanted to interfere but I wasn't in the position. I wanted to save Heng from that girl, but maybe he deserved it.

"Sorry."

"Heng you lied to her, didn't you? Did you want to stay friends with her? And what? You did everything for her!"

I was so confused about who was she. Heng wouldn't keep a secret from me, but what I heard just now looked like a deep secret.

"She deserves everything in the world. She might not be like us, but she's the one I love. I am willing to stay as a friend, then ruin our friendship. And I'm sorry if I hurt you during that process."

Heng's strides were heavy and fast, so I couldn't find time to hide. He looked at me with swollen eyes and walked past.

The girl went in the other direction so she didn't see me. I chased Heng and grabbed his hand to face me. His eyes welled up again, but he avoided my gaze.

"What do you want?" He tried to prevent his tears, but they fell.

"What's hurting you?" I asked.

Heng looked at me and shook his head. He tried to grab his arms from me, but I held firmly onto them.

"Tell me. What happened?" I asked again.

"You won't understand, Freen." He shook his head again and wiped his tears.

This is the first time I see him cry. He looks like a baby, and I want to hug him but I can't. Some people might see us and I don't want to hurt Becky by comforting other people.

"Tell me. Maybe, I can."

"You won't," Heng said with a stern voice. "Because the person you love, loves you back. The person you chose, chooses you too. You won't understand this kind of feeling, because you don't have to pretend someone you're not to be loved."

And with that, he pushed me and walked away.