Chapter 15: Battle of the Bands

It's been weeks since I last talked to Heng because of what Becky said. I didn't know why I obeyed her, but I felt at ease whenever I assured her. We're not in a relationship, and I didn't know what these feelings were.

It's not love; I know this is not love.

My strides were heavy while walking to the storage room to look for a cymbal. Today is the battle of the bands' competition, and my favorite professor–who constantly nagged me asked me to look for a cymbal since I wasn't busy.

I was busy watching the contestants preparing their instruments. Wasn't that a valid reason?

I kicked the door open and turned the lights off, but it was dead. What a lucky night!

I used my phone as a flashlight to look for that freaking cymbal. They were the participants; why am I the one who's searching for it? They misplaced it, and now I was the one who was suffering from finding it? Fuck them all!

I kicked the box before me, and the door suddenly shut. I looked at it, and someone immediately covered my mouth. I couldn't see her, but I knew her perfume. What the heck is she doing here?

"Becky, stop it!" I removed her hands, and she fell to the ground.

Did I push her that hard?

"It's me. It hurts; help me." Becky reached for my hand, and I helped her stand up. "You ignored Heng, yet you ignored me too. Why is that?" she asked.

I picked up my phone and put the flash in her face. She immediately covered her face and groaned.

"You look wasted, and you reeked of alcohol. Where did you buy the vodka?" I asked with a stern voice.

"I have my ways. What about you? Where did you buy that gorgeous face of yours?" she asked and fell into my arms.

Damn, she's wasted. If the headmaster sees her like this, she will be doomed. She has been ignoring T.S.'s rules and disobeying them. She's getting on her nerves.

"You need to sober up before the competition starts," I scolded and tried to lift her, but she didn't move. She was resisting. "Rebecca!"

"Sarocha!" Becky imitated me, then giggled and pinched my nose. "You're so cute. Can I take you home?"

I sighed and rolled my eyes. This is going nowhere. I need to carry her and bring her back to our dorm. But damn, she's heavy!

"Don't try to carry me. I'm stronger than you," Becky said and sat properly. "I have a question."

"What?" I asked irritably.

"Do you have philophobia?" Becky looked me in the eyes. "Why are you so afraid to fall in love?"

"I don't have any phobia," I answered.

"Then you just don't love me. Is that it?" she asked.

"I don't have time for love. I have priorities."

"Then I can be on least. I can be your last." Becky reached for my hands and kissed them. "I can't bare seeing those guys looking at you with admiration. I can't bare hearing murmurs wishing you are their roommate."

"Are you jealous again?" I asked with knitted brows.

Becky lowered her head and looked away. "Sorry," she mumbled.

I held her chin and made her face me. Her eyes were soaked in tears that didn't want to fall. I looked her in the eyes and gently pressed my lips onto hers.

If I could kiss you in front of all those people, I would. For you not to get jealous again. But we have a reputation to save.

Once we parted, I smiled sweetly at her. Becky slipped her right hand into the back of my hair as she pulled my mouth to brush on her lips. I couldn't resist her aggressive kiss. It was like she missed me. Her hungry kisses made me moan, and I closed my eyes.

Becky pushed me, causing me to lie on the floor. Her kisses went down to my jaw and my neck. It made my whole body shiver.

"Becky, we're inside the storage room." I reminded her, but she ignored me.

The door opened, and she immediately covered my face using the fabric she saw inside one of the boxes.

Damn, it's full of dust!

"What are you doing here, Ms. Armstrong?" the prof asked.

Becky sat properly as if she wasn't drunk.

"Do you need something, Prof?" she asked with authority. Her voice changed and I bet she was putting on a poker face.

"I'm looking for Ms. Freen. Have you seen her?" prof asked again and looked around the storage room. Becky also looked around, imitating what he was doing.

"I ordered Freen to get me something. Can you ask someone else?" Becky heaved a sigh and tilted her head.

The terror prof I knew began to tremble and nodded constantly. He waved goodbye to Becky and ran away. I removed the fabric from me and squinted at her.

Becky smiled sweetly and helped me stand up. She kissed my neck one last time and whispered, "You're the only person I please. So if that professor did something again, let me know immediately."