Chapter 5: Evidence

"Heng, you have to help me. I saw those guys carrying drugs with them. They were selling it in the girl's dorm hallway."

Ever since in the morning, I kept telling Heng about the drugs I saw yesterday. I searched about them, which could cause a mild stroke and heart attack in those overdosed. Besides, this is a school, and they shouldn't bring such drugs. Who even let those illegal drugs?

"And I also told you that we needed evidence. Do you think the headmaster would let me catch them without proof? Will be doomed, Freen." Heng explained while getting a piece of steak on the buffet. "Besides, all students here are powerful; they can manipulate the staff using their money. They bribe the guards to let them in with those drugs."

"So, what are we going to do?" I asked.

"We? I have many things to do aside from catching those students who ruin their lives. I'm helping the headmaster with all the issues in the institute and don't have time for that," he said and sat down at our spot– near the window.

"If I can find proof or evidence. I can report them, right?" I asked again.

Heng nodded and raised his thumb. "Now, let me eat."

During class, I couldn't think of something that I must plant to catch them in action. I needed a hidden camera or something, but they would notice it, and there was a possibility they wouldn't sell it in the same spot. I needed someone to act as a buyer and catch them in the act, but what if they only let their trusted buyers buy from them?

Damn it!

I messed my hair in frustration and saw Heng laughing at me from afar. Becca was beside him, and she looked puzzled about what I was doing. I turned to Non, who looked at me with knitted brows.

What are they staring at? I'm trying to help this university to be a child-friendly school.

"Whatever you're thinking right now, you shouldn't think about it."

I looked at Non after he said those words.

"You look like a crazy asshole. Stop it," he said, then rolled his eyes.

"You want to see a real psycho?" I threatened him, causing him to stand and turn his hands into fists.

"Ratchanon! Sit down! Who do you think you are?" The professor yelled. "No, I changed my mind. Get out of my class!"

I waved goodbye to Non before he left the room. The professor looked at me, enraged. I smiled innocently and looked at Heng, who couldn't stop laughing. I simply raised my middle finger and rolled my eyes.

After the boring class with that specific professor, I went to the hallway to check if the drug users were there. Fortunately, they were still there doing the same thing. I took out my phone and took a video of them. I zoomed in on their faces and their drugs.

My hands were trembling while taking videos. I didn't know what came to mind and wanted to report them so badly. They ruined their life, and I shouldn't care if they overdosed or what.

However, there was a part of me that was afraid. What if someone bought it to murder someone? Or take advantage of someone. That drug was not an ordinary high drug. I couldn't tell more about it since I wasn't sure what it really was.

"What are you doing?" the guy yelled and pointed to my phone.

I immediately hid it and ran as fast as possible to reach our dorm. When I twisted the knob and entered, I hurriedly locked it and leaned on it.

"Damn, that was close," I whispered to myself.

I heaved a sigh and threw my bag on the bed like I usually do every time I returned to our dorm. Then I realized I had a roommate.

I looked at Becca, who was wearing her reading glasses, and her arms were crossed. I mouthed 'sorry' and grabbed my sleepwear.

I needed to take a shower before anything else. If my father didn't train me before, I would have been dead meat by now.

"Anyway, why are you looked frustrated earlier? Something's bothering you?" she asked the moment I got out of the bathroom.

I shook my head while drying my hair using the towel. I sat down on the bed, and she turned around to read again.

"Don't roam around, Freen. I'm telling you this as your roommate. So please, just for this once, listen to me," Becca said without looking at me.

"Yeah," I answered.

I opened my phone and sent the video to Heng, and explained what had happened. From the time I saw them, I took a video of them, and the time I ran fast and reached the dorm.

Heng:
Wait, you let them see your dorm room?

Freen:
Yeah, what's wrong with that? As if they can enter.

Heng:
They can, and they will. What have you done?

I slapped my forehead when I realized.

What kind of stupidity was that, Freen?

I kept slapping my head because of the guilt. What if they enter this place and Becky is the only person here? What if they will drug Becky? Should I care?

A piece of paper slid in from the outside. I trod slowly to the door and picked it up. It said, "You can't get away with this."

"Damn it!" I cussed, causing Becky to throw me an eraser. It landed on my forehead, making me groan.

"You're so loud! Can you shut up? I can't focus."

I rolled my eyes and threw back the eraser on her.

"Yeah, be ingenious, so you will never be drugged."