Chapter Fifty Nine

Iris’s P.O.V
By the time we made it back to the Astronomy Tower as both Harry and I helped Dumbledore to the steps, “we need to get you to the Hospital Wing sir.” Harry said to him, “to Madam Pomfrey.” I said as we sat him down, “no, Severus. Severus is who we need. Wake him, tell him what happened. Speak to no one else. Severus.” he said to us and before we could go down the stairs we heard something, “Hide yourselves below you two. Don’t speak or be seen by anybody without my permission. Whatever happens, it’s imperative that the both of you stay below. Do as I say.” Dumbledore said as a door opened and closed, “trust me. Trust me.” Dumbledore said to us before the both of us rushed down the stairs before we hid when we heard someone walking up, “good evening Draco. What brings you here on this fine spring evening?” Dumbledore said to him, “who else is here? I heard you talking.” Draco said to him as I noticed him pointing his wand at Dumbledore, “I often talk aloud to myself, I find it extraordinarily useful. Do you always talk to yourself Draco? Draco, you are no Assassin.” Dumbledore said to him, “how do you know what I am? I’ve done things that would shock you.” Draco said, “like cursing Katie Bell in hoping that in return she’d bare a cursed Necklace to me. Like replacing a bottle of mea with one laced with poison. Forgive me Draco, I cannot help feeling that these actions are so weak your heart can’t have been in them.” Dumbledore said, “he trusts me. I was chosen.” Draco said as he showed Dumbledore his Dark Mark causing me to worry and panic a little, “I shall make it easy for you.” Dumbledore said before Draco disarmed him and Harry had gotten his wand out in case anything happened, “very good Draco.” Dumbledore said before we heard a door open and close again, “you’re not alone. There are others. how?” Dumbledore said, “the Vanishing Cabinet in the Room of Requirement. I’ve been mending it.” Draco said, “Let me guess, it has a sister, a twin.” Dumbledore said, “at Borgin and Burkes. They form a passage.” Draco said, “ingenieus. Draco, years ago I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices, please let me help you.” Dumbledore said to him, “I don’t want your help, don’t you understand I have to do this, I have to kill you or he’s going to kill me.” Draco said before Harry and I hid as more people went up to where they were before hearing Bellatrix speak up as they continued to talk as she forced him to kill Dumbledore before Harry and I noticed Snape as he told us to keep quiet before he went to where the others were and made himself known to them, “no.” was all he said before Dumbledore spoke up to him, “Severus, please.” Dumbledore said and there was a moment of silence before Snape spoke up again, “Avada Kedavra.” he said as it hit Dumbledore before it made him fall off the Astronomy Tower and I took a moment to process what just happened before hearing rushing footsteps make their way down the stairs until they faded away, “what do we do? We can’t just  go after them.” I said to Harry, “I’m going after Snae.” was all he said before he went after them and I eventually did the same and caught up with him as we chased after them.

By the time they came into view, Harry started shouting at Snape, “SNAPE, HE TRUSTED YOU.” Harry shouted at him before we saw Hagrid’s home go up in flames causing me to stop in my tracks before I noticed Draco with them before I rushed up to him and hugged him, “I have to go. I can’t stay here.” he said to me, “please be careful and be safe for me please.” I said to him, “I promise. I promise and I want you to do the same.” he said to me, “I promise, I love you.” I said to him before I felt something hit me and I fell to the ground as I felt a sharp pain in my body before seeing that it was Bellatrix that had done it before Snape spoke up, “no, they belong to the Dark Lord.” he said to her before she eventually walked away, “I promise you’ll see me again. But for now, I have to go.” he said to me before he kissed me before he ran off with the others before I went over to Harry to make sure he was alright before he started getting up before he tried attacking Snape again before it ended in the same result as Harry landed on the ground again before Snape walked up to us, “you dare use my own spells against me Potter? Yes, I am the Half Blood Prince.” Snape said before he kicked Harry’s wand away before walking away before we saw the Dark Mark in the sky before I managed to help Harry up before we made our way back to the Castle and once we got there, we went to where Dumbledore’s body could have fallen to only to see everyone crowding around Dumbledore’s body as the both of us managed to get through everyone before Harry went up to Dumbledore’s body and knelt in front of it before Ginny went up to Harry and hugged him before I noticed Professor McGonagall raise her wand and I eventually did the same thing before everyone else began to do the same. After a some time had passed, the teachers began to get everyone back inside and once I managed to make my way inside and into the Common Room, I went straight to Draco’s dorm and closed the door before locking it and I put a silencing charm on the room before I let out a scream before falling to my knees as I began to cry and after a while, I just decided to get into bed and just lay there for a while as I held one of Draco’s sweater’s before I fell asleep. When  the next day came around, I slowly began to wake up and I let out a groan as my head began to hurt and noticed that I was still holding onto Draco’s sweater before I found a note on the nightstand with my name on it and I unfolded it and began to read what it said.

Dear Iris

I’m sorry that I had to leave you the way that I did and I wish that I didn’t and be able to stay with you. I want you to know that I love you more than anything and I want you to stay safe during whatever you’re going to do. I don’t want you to worry about me, I will be fine, I Just want you to hear everything from me. You already know that I had to what I did and myself getting the Dark Mark but I didn’t tell you about how he threatened me, although he did threaten to kill me if I didn’t do what he wanted me to do but he also threatened me that he would Torture you in front of me and I couldn’t let that happen so I did it to protect you, please know that I would do or be anything to protect you. Stay safe my love and we will see each other again soon.

Love, Draco Malfoy

P.S. I don’t want you to come looking for me during this, what we’re going through is more than I can bare and I want you to stay with Harry and the other’s as I know you will be safer with them than with me so please be careful out there. 

After reading the note, I folded it back up and put it in my pocket before leaving the room and just as I walked into the Common Room, everyone had gone silent before I managed to walk out of the Common Room and once I did, I went to look for Harry only to eventually walk out of Dumbledore’s office, “where were you coming from?” h asked me, “the Slytherin Common Room” I told him before the both of us eventually bumped into Hermione and Ron before the four of us ended up at the Astronomy Tower and started talking about what had happened the night before and I had given them the letter Draco had written to me, “Draco?” Hermione questioned, “no, no he was lowering his wand. In the end it was Snape. It was always Snape and we did nothing.” Harry told her, “what could we have done? If we did anything it would have made things worse.” I told him before he gave Hermione the locket, “it’s fake. Open it.” he said to her before she had done so and began to read what was inside, “to the Dark Lord, I know I will be dead long before you read this but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that when you meet your match you will be Mortal once more. R.A.B. R.A.B'' She said, “don’t know. But whoever they are, they have the real Horcrux.” Harry said, “but what if they aren’t around anymore?” I asked them, “means it was all a waste, all of it.” Harry said and I sighed a little, “Ron’s ok with it you know, you and Ginny. And if I were you when he’s around, I’d keep the snogging to a minimum.” Hermione said to Harry, “I’m not coming back, Hermione. I’ve got to finish whatever Dumbledore started and I don’t know where that will lead me but I’ll let you, Iris and Ron know where I am, when I can.” Harry said, “who said you were doing this alone?” I asked him, “I’ve always admired your courage Harry. But sometimes you can be really thick. Iris is right, you don’t really think you’re going to be able to find all of these Horcruxes by yourself do you? You need us Harry.” Hermione said to him, “I never realized how beautiful this place was.” Harry said before we heard Fawkes as he flew around before Ron and I stood up and walked over to the railing and watched Fawkes fly off into the distance. We eventually left the Astronomy Tower and Harry had given back the note Draco had written before everything happened and once I made it back to his dorm for the night, I just sat there thinking to myself for a while before eventually falling asleep that night.