Chapter Thirty One

Iris’s P.O.V
It was another day and we were all on the train, making our way to Hogwarts and I managed to read what happened at the Quidditch World Cup the other night in the Daily Prophet, “do you think this is why your father asked us to leave?” I asked Draco as I showed him the paper, “possibly'' he said to me and my scar started hurting again, “it’s still hurting isn’t it?” Draco asked me and I sighed a little and nodded, “yeah it is” I said as I rubbed my neck a little, “I thought it doesn’t last long” he said to me, “not usually. Just when something bad happens. It’s like a warning or something.” I told him, “well, let’s hope it doesn’t last much longer.” he said to me, “I hope.” I said to him before looking outside before I decided to write to Sirius about it and sent it with Raven once I was done, “good girl, be quick” I said to her before she flew out of the window, “where is it going?” Draco asked me, “thought she could use it” I said to him as I watched her fly away before we continued talking throughout the entire train ride. By the time we made it to the school, we all began to notice more people arriving, “who do you think they are?” I asked Draco, “I don’t know, there must be something going on otherwise they wouldn’t be here.” he said to me before we eventually made it inside and got changed into our robes before heading to the Great Hall for dinner and we all sat with our houses in the Great Hall before Dumbledore spoke up, “now we’re all settled in and sorted, I’d like to make an announcement. This Castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests as well. You see, Hogwarts has been chosen-” Dumbledore said before he stopped to talk to Mr. Filch before he started rushing back down the hall again before Dumbledore spoke up again, “so, Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event, the TriWizard Tournament. Now for those of you who do not know, the TriWizard Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests, from each school a single student is selected to compete. Now let me be clear, if chosen you stand alone and trust me when I say these contests aren’t for the faint hearted but more of that later, for now please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and their Headmistress, Madam Maxime.” Dumbleldore said to everyone before a group of girls made their way into the Great Hall along with a much taller woman causing everyone else to cheer before the group of them sat down at the Ravenclaw table before Dumbledore spoke up again, “and now our friends from the north, please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and their Highmaster, Igor Karkaroff.” Dumbledore said before a group of boys made their way in with the Highmaster behind them as they made an entrance before we all noticed Viktor Krum, “look, it’s Viktor. Didn’t he play at the World Cup?” I said to Draco, “yah he did.” he said to me before the group of them sat at our table and after a while, Dumbledore began the feast and we all started eating.

After a while had passed, dinner was nearly over before Dumbledore began to speak again, getting everyone’s attention, “your attention please. I’d like to say a few words, eternal glory, that is what awaits the student who wins the TriWizard Tournament but to do this, that student must survive three tasks, three extremely dangerous tasks.  For this reason the Ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all of this, we have the head of the Department of International Cooperation, Mr. Bartamis Crouch.” Dumbledore said as the man walked up before something began to happen to the ceiling before someone managed to deal with it before they came into view as he walked to the front and hugged Dumbledore before Mr. Crouch spoke up to everyone as he made it to the front, “after due consideration, the Ministry has concluded that for their own safety, no student under the age of 17 shall be allowed to put forth their name for the TriWizard Tournament.” Mr. Crouch said before everyone started complaining about it before Dumbledore spoke up, “SILENCE.” He said before he revealed something before he continued, “the Goblet of Fire. Anyone wishing to submit themselves to the tournament need only write their names upon a piece of parchment and throw it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night. Do not do so lightly, if chosen there’s no turning back. As of this moment, the TriWizard Tournament has begun.” Dumbledore said to everyone before he dismissed everyone from the Great Hall and both Draco and I eventually made it back to the Common Room for the night and sat down together, “thank god I’m not old enough to be entering that Tournament.” I said to him, “I don’t blame you, I don’t want you to anyways.” he said to me and I looked at him, “what makes you say that?” I asked him and he shrugged, “I just don’t want to see you get hurt.” he said to me, “it's more than that isn’t it?” I asked him as I smirked a little, “what makes you say that?” he asked me and the both of us continued talking for a while before everyone started going to bed until I was the only one left in the Common Room before I felt someone sit down next to me, “I noticed you didn’t go to your dorm. Is everything alright?” Draco asked me, “I keep thinking about the dream I had before. It feels off for some reason.” I said to him, “it was just a nightmare, I’m sure it was nothing.” he told me, “it didn’t feel like it.” I told him before looking at him, “it’s starting to scare me.” I said to him before he hugged me, “it’s going to be alright. I’m sure it’s not as bad as you think” he said to me and we stayed like that for a while before the both of us finally decided to go to bed for the night after the both of us started getting tired and once I made it to my dorm and got into bed, I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

It was the next day and the first day of classes and both Draco and I made it to our first class and it was Defense Against the Dark Arts and the both of us sat next to each other and once everyone else arrived and sat down, the man from the night before began the class, “Alastor Moody. Ex-Auror. Ministry Malcontent and your new Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher. I am here because Dumbledore asked me, end of story, goodbye, the end. Any questions?” He said to everyone but no one said anything before he continued, “when it comes to the Dark Arts I believe in a practical approach. But first, which of you can tell me how many Unforgivable Curses there are?” he asked us, “three sir” Hermione said to him, “and they are so named?” he asked, “because they are unforgivable. The use of any one of them will-” she said before he cut her off, “will earn you a one way ticket to Azkaban, correct. Now the Ministry says you’re too young  to see what these Curses can do, I say different. You need to know what you’re up against. You need to be prepared. You need to find another place to put your chewing gum besides the underside of your desk Mr. Finnegan.” He said before we all looked at Seamus, “no way, the old calder can see out of the back of his head” Seamus said before Professor Moody spoke up again and he threw the piece of chalk at him, “and hear across classrooms. So, which curse shall we see first? Weasley.” he said as he called Ron’s name, “yes” Ron said nervously, “stand” he said and Ron slowly stood up before Professor Moody spoke up again, “give us a curse.” he said to Ron, “well, my dad did tell me about one. The Imperius Curse.” Ron said to Professor Moody, “oh yeah, your father would know all about that. He gave the Ministry quite a bit of grief a few years ago. Perhaps this will show you why.” Professor Moody said to us before we went back to the front of the room before grabbing something before making it bigger before using the Imperius Curse on it before he started moving it around the room before he eventually put it on Draco’s face causing him to freak out before he moved it off of Draco as he continued before everything calmed down, “whatever shall I do with her next? Throw her out the window? Drown herself? Scores of Witches and Wizards have claimed they only did You-Know-Who’s bidding under the influence of the Imperius Curse. But here’s the rub, how do we sort out the liars? Another. Another.” Professor Moody and everyone began to raise their hands before he spoke up again, “Longbottom is it? Professor Sprout tells me you have an aptitude for Herbology.” Professor Moody said to him as Nevill stood up, “there’s the Cruciatus Curse '' Neville mentioned to Professor Moody, “Correct. Come, come, the Torture Curse. Crucio.” Professor Moody began to say before it began to bother Neville before Hermione spoke up about it, “Stop it. Can’t you see it's bothering him. Stop it” she shouted at Professor Moody before he finally stopped and walked over to Hermione, “perhaps you could give us the last Unforgivable Curse Miss. Granger.” Professor Moody said to her but she shook her head, “no? Avada Kedavra.” he said before killing the insect before felt a sting in my neck and I rubbed it a little, “the Killing Curse. Only two people are known to have survived it and they are sitting in this room.” Professor Moody said before walking up in between the rows Harry and I sat in and looked at the both of us before he eventually went on with the class.