Chapter Nine

Iris’s P.O.V
After a few moment’s had passed, Professor Quirell noticed the look on my face before he spoke up again, “what is it? What do you see?” He asked us, “I’m shaking hands with Dumbledore, I’ve won the House Cup.” Harry said to him, “I see my parents and Harry and I are with them together.” I said to him hoping that it worked, “tell the truth, what do you see?” he said to us before he started talking to something else, “Master, you are not strong enough.” Professor Quirell said before he started taking off his turban before he revealed a face on the back of his head, “Harry and Iris Potter. We will meet again.” it said to us, “it’s Voldemort.” I said to Harry, “Voldemort?” Harry questioned, “yes. You see what I’ve become. See what I must do to survive. Live off another, a mere parasite. Unicorn Blood can sustain me but it cannot give me a body of my own. But there is something that can, something that Lies in Iris’s Pocket.” Voldemort said before Harry and I started running away but we were stopped when Fire appeared in front of us, “don’t be fools. I suffer a horrific death when you can join me and live” Voldemort said to us, “Never” Harry said to him, “I’d rather die than join you.” I said to them, “Bravery. Your parents had it too. Tell me, Harry and Iris, would you like to see your Mother and Father again? Together, we can bring them back. All I ask is for something in return” Voldemort said and I took the stone out of my pocket, “that’s it, Iris. there is no good and evil, there is only Power and those too weak to seek it. Together, we’ll do extraordinary things, just give me the stone.” Voldemort said to us as I knew he was making it up just to get the stone from us, “you liar.” Harry said to him, “kill them.” Voldemort said before Professor Quirell pushed me down and held me by the throat after I dropped the Stone as I was being choked but Harry managed to do something and after he grabbed the stone, he grabbed Professor Quirell by the wrist before it started to burn causing him to let go of me as I took in a few breaths, “what is this magic?” Professor Quirell questioned and before he could get the stone, Harry stopped him from doing so and as Harry touched his face, the same thing started happening as Professor Quirell’s face soon turned to dust as he soon fell to the ground, “are you alright?” Harry asked me and I nodded, “I’m fine.” I said to him before he grabbed the stone and not long after, I noticed something was happening, “Harry.” I said to him before he turned to see the same thing before the mass of dust came at us causing Harry and I to fall and as soon as I hit the ground, I managed to have been knocked out.

After everything that had happened, I ended up waking up in the Hospital Wing and looked to see that Draco was sitting there next to me and smiled a little before he noticed that I was away, “how are you feeling?” he asked me, “could be better. How did I get her?” I said to him, “Dumbledore and a few others found you and your brother. They wouldn’t say what happened though.” he told me as everything from before replayed in my head, “you wouldn’t believe me if I told you.” I said to him before seeing Madam Pomfrey walk over to me, “how are you feeling dear?” she asked me as she checked on me, “I’m alright, my head hurts a little.” I told her, “I want you to stay for a while if that’s alright in case anything decides to change.” she told me and I nodded before she walked away and checked on Harry, “I’m glad you’re alright Iris.” Draco said to me and I smiled a little as the both of us talked the entire time I was in the Hospital Wing before Madam Pomfrey had let me go and both Draco and I left the Hospital Wing and made it back to the Common Room and I decided to get changed into my robes before I continued to hang out with Draco for a while longer before I went looking for Hermione and Ron until I found the both of them talking to each other, “hey guys.” I said to them, “Iris, are you alright?” Hermione asked as she hugged me, “I’m fine. How are the two of you?” I said to them, “I’m alright. Just have to take it easy, they said.” Ron told me before we saw Harry standing there, “alright there Ron?” Harry asked him, “alright, you?” Ron said to him “alright. Hermione.” Harry said, “Never better” Hermione told him, “how about you Iris?” Harry asked me, “I’ll manage.” I said to him before we went downstairs before we had gone to the Great Hall along with everyone else and sat down with our Houses and sat down next to Draco as we ate after Dumbledore started the feast and at some point, Professor McGonagall had gotten everyone’s attention before Dumbledore stood up and began to speak, “another year gone. And now as I understand it, the House Cup needs awarding and the points stand thus. In Fourth place, Gryffindor with 312 points. Third place, Hufflepuff with 352 points. In Second place, Ravenclaw with 426 points. In First place with 472 points, Slytherin House.” Dumbledore said to everyone and we cheered for winning before Dumbledore continued, “yes, yes, well done Slytherin, well done Slytherin however, recent events must be taken into account and I have a few last minute points to award. To Miss. Hermione Granger for the cool use of intellect while others were in grave danger, 50 points. Second, to Mr. Ronald Weasley for the best played game of chess that Hogwarts has seen these many years, 50 points. Third, to Mr. Harry Potter for pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor House, 100 Points. And fourth, to Miss. Iris Potter who has shown more bravery than most and the will to protect those who needed it, I award Slytherin House, 40 Points.” Dumbledore said and I smiled while some at the Slytherin table congratulated me before Dumbledore continued, “and finally, it takes a great deal of bravery to to stand up to your enemies but a great deal more to stand up to your friends, I award 10 points to Neville Longbottom. Assuming that my calculations are correct I believe that a change of decoration is in order.” Dumbledore said before changing the banners above us and I sighed a little, “Gryffindor Wins the House Cup.” Dimbledore continued before everyone else cheered for them.

After dinner was over, everyone had gone back to their Common Rooms and once I made it to the Slytherin Common Room, I sat on the couch thinking to myself before Draco sat down next to me, “what’s wrong?” he asked me, “just thinking.” I told him, “if it’s about the House Cup, don’t worry about it, the others aren’t angry about it.” he said to me and I sighed a little, “thanks for that I suppose, at least we were close though.” I told him and the both of us continued to talk before we had to go to bed for the night and once I made it to my dorm, I talked with Pansey for a bit before the both of us had gone to bed for the night and as soon as my head touched the pillow, I soon fell asleep for the night. When the next morning came around, I was packing my things and made sure that I had everything that I needed before I left my Dorm and left the Common Room with Draco as we made our way to the Train together and before I got on the train, I decided to go and say goodbye to Hagrid along with Harry, “thought the both of you were leaving without saying a goodbye were you?” he questioned us before he grabbed something from his pocket and saw that it was the same Photo Album that I had gotten for Christmas from Hagrid, “Iris had already gotten hers but this is for you.” he said as he gave it to Harry, “thanks Hagrid” Harry said to him before Harry and I hugged him before he had Harry and I get on the train and once we did, I went back to Draco and sat with him throughout the entire train ride before we made it back to London and the both Harry and I managed to make it home for the Summer, “I was wondering, when did you get your Photo Album?” Harry asked me, “during Christmas.” I told him before Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia wanted to talk to us, “Harry, Iris. come here” they said and found them in the Living room, “yes” I said to them, “before you go anywhere, both Petunia and I have agreed to let Harry share your room.” he said to us, “so I suggest you help your brother bring whatever he has there. A second bed has already been put into the room.” Aunt Petunia said before I had done so and helped Harry bring his things and once we were done, we managed to make the bed and organize his things until we were done, “I’m surprised they let you share a room with me now.” I said to him, “me too. But I’m glad to be out of the cupboard though.” he said and I smiled and we managed to talk for a bit before they had us doing things already before we managed to spend the rest of the night in our room.