I get to my feet and spin two knives around my fingers slamming them into the walkers heads. I turn round seeing Daryl trying to push the car making his muscles flex.

The car wouldn't budge so I run over and help him try and push it. It still wouldn't budge. "We need Abraham." I say firmly. Daryl frowns looking from me to the man. I know what he's thinking. Someone's gonna be left alone.

"It's okay." I tell him. "I'll stay with him and you go find Abraham and Maggie." His frown turns into a scowl. He moves to the man and crouches down to him. "You keep quiet. If ya keep yellin' like that your gonna get us all killed and if you get her killed while I'm gone, the walkers will be the least of your worries."

The man nods agreeing and I see him sink his teeth into his bottom lip stopping himself from making any sounds. Daryl runs a hand through his hair as he looks back at the town before looking back at me. He chews on his bottom lip and adjusts his crossbow.

"I'll be fine." I promise. He nods although indecision is still on his face. I step up and lay a hand on his chest. He looks down at my hand then looks at me. I snort. "Go get Abraham and Maggie. I'll be here." I promised.

He nods again grabbing my chin pulling my face close to his. "If anythin' goes wrong, ya leave his ass understand?" I nod. He leans in giving me a quick peck before running to get them.

I move around the car collecting my knifes, putting them back in my sheath. "Uh hello?" The man whispers loudly. I bend down so I can see him better. "What's up?" I give him a soft smile. "I just wanted to make sure someone was still there. It got quiet." He says.

"Sorry." I whisper. "I was just making sure no more walkers are coming our way." He frowns at me in confusion before he nods. "We call them roamers." I nod as though it matters. His voice tight with pain but was still tryna be civil. I had respect for him for that.

"I'm Eric by the way." He introduces. "Hey Eric, I'm Dani." He gives me a teasing smile. "And you'll be my rescuer today?" He chuckles lightly. I nod and smirk at him. "Yeah, something like that......"

"So Dani, what's a girl like you doing in a place like this?" Eric's tone is light as it can be in this situation. But I don't think he's hitting on me. Just tryna ease some of the waiting. "Well....we were following this man named Aaron back to his-" I don't get to finish as he cuts me off.

"Aaron!" He exclaims trying to sit up but only ends banging his head on the bottom of the car making some rust fall on him. I snort quietly as he groans. "That was dumb. Is he okay?" He asks.

"We got split up." I tell him in quiet voice. I don't know how else to tell him. "But he's okay?" He asks again and I exhale. "He's with three of our strongest fighters." Not that I think Rick would bend over backwards for Aaron. Maybe Michonne would.

"Except the redneck Prince Charming back there?" He raises his eyebrow. I frown back at him, not sure how to respond. He notices. "I mean he must be quite the fighter for the two of you to be out here on your own."

I nod, although a bit annoyed that he thinks just Daryl helped him. "He's strong and his name is Daryl by the way......" Eric nods. "I'll have to thank him when he comes back."

Oh how charming.

I just nod agreeing. "How you doing?" I ask.
"My ankle hurts like a bitch but things are looking up." He says making me chuckle. A snarl from behind grabs my attention as I see a small herd approaching. "I'll be right back." I tell Eric.

"Wait don't leave me." He cries desperately.

"Hey, I'll be right back." Without letting him say anything I get up and make my to the herd.