Chapter 25: Preparation!

The scene starts with Zeldris and Tabitha walking along the pavement toward her house. Zeldris started to remember the first time he walked down the pathway. Zeldris remembered something..he had sudden flashbacks of Tabitha's death followed by the raspy voice. He looked down at Tabitha seeing how much she had changed, he didn't notice he was actually staring at her for an uncomfortable amount of time.

Tabitha: "Umm..Z-Zeldris?.."

Tabitha was slightly nervous, Zeldris's gaze was always sharp when it came to people..so it looked like he had a problem with her. Tabitha had a slight tint of pink in her cheeks to symbolise she was embarrassed. Zeldris looked away before saying.

Zeldris: "It's nothing, just compared to before you were so different. I didn't notice it until now."

Tabitha raised both her arms before flailing them around.

Tabitha: "Eh?! What do you mean by that?! If you're going to say something like that, a-at least give me a warning.."

Zeldris: "Oh, right."

It was quite an awkward silence after that interaction..but Tabitha spoke up to say something.

Tabitha: "I..can say the same for you. A few weeks ago you seemed so robotic..so emotionless, but now I can see..you have value in your friends. You've..even risked your life for us."

Zeldris thought about it for a moment before shrugging.

Zeldris: "Eh, maybe you're right."

The two walked up to Tabitha's house, Zeldris tucked his hands into his pockets and Tabitha unlocked the door. When Tabitha stepped in Renjiro walked down the stairs with a cigarette in his mouth, the corner of his lips ascended slightly as he saw his daughter but his soon to be smile faded immediately as he saw Zeldris trail in behind her.

Renjiro: "What the hell are you doing here?"

Zeldris: "Nice to see you too."

Renjiro: "I don't welcome those without resolve and discipline kid. Did you solve your little problem?"

Zeldris: "Yeah."

Renjiro blew out a puff of smoke before holding the cigarette between his fingers. Tabitha looked at the two before giggling slightly. Renjiro and Zeldris looked at her confused.

Tabitha: "You two..get along so well..usually father doesn't bother talking to anyone."

Zeldris: "Oh really? Don't tell me I've started to grow on you, Sir?"

Renjiro turned around before starting to walk up the stairs.

Renjiro: "I'm grabbing my gun."

Tabitha rushed up behind him and grabbed his shirt gently before saying.

Tabitha: "Father, no!"

The scene changed. Zeldris and Renjiro were sitting on the couch, Renjiro snuffed out his cigarette before he sat back folding his arms. Zeldris leaned on the arm rest and Tabitha was sat beside Renjiro.

Renjiro: "So what do you want kid?"

Zeldris: "Well I need a favour from you."

Renjiro: "A favour?"

Zeldris: "Yeah..I need you to train me."

Renjiro: "Train you? Was my martial arts not enough for you?"

Zeldris: "Not that type of training."

Zeldris briefly looked over at Tabitha before looking back at Renjiro, he wanted to signal he meant training his curses but he couldn't say it in front of Tabitha.