Chapter 6: Resolve!

The scene starts with Zeldris having his head in his hands. Zeldris was in a cold sweat as he had just realised he was utterly powerless against Donny..he had an incredible power that absolutely destroyed him. Zeldris placed his hands on his lap, he gripped his bedsheets as he began to shake. He could die and restart over and over..but what would that do? He still wouldn't be able to put a scratch on Donny, he'd still be the same person..he'd still get his friends killed. Zeldris swung his legs over the bed, the fight was to happen after school, it may of been the start of the day but time goes fast..there was no time to sit down and think and squander his time on what ifs, there's only a couple hours before the time of the battle.

The scene changed and Zeldris was in the kitchen with his adoptive mum. Zeldris sat down for breakfast, he raised his hand to grab a piece of toast for breakfast. Zeldris looked over at his adoptive mum. She was staring at him with a shocked expression.

Zeldris: "What's the matter? You look like a deer caught in headlights."

???: "It's just...you're actually eating breakfast with me for once. I should record this to savour the moment!"

Zeldris: "You're so dramatic." Zeldris scoffed as he bit into a piece of buttered toast.

To tell you the truth Zeldris only sat down to allow himself a few more moments to try and come up with something..but it wasn't working. He still had flashbacks of the battle, flashbacks that made his stomach feel weird..he remembered the excruciating pain. Zeldris held his right hand over his stomach, he started to shiver slightly as he had a slight panic.

???: "Zeldris, are you okay?.."

Zeldris looked up before recollecting himself, he took a deep breath before standing up.

Zeldris: "I'm fine, I'm going to head out now. Thank you for the breakfast."

He wasn't fine though..his eyes had much darker bags. His adoptive mother stared at him as he left, she pouted slightly but her pout turned into a worried expression. Zeldris walked toward his school, his eyes were lifeless once again..he had no idea what to do, all he could see was a bleak future awaiting his friends and Tabitha. Zeldris made it onto the school grounds, his black hues scrolled around..things were different since he hadn't contacted his friends. Zeldris made his way over to his locker..there was no sign of Tabitha either, what was going on? The school bell rang and Zeldris made his way to class before he sat down in his seat. Ms Godfrey was teaching once again..things surely felt normal, but they really weren't. Zeldris's attention was stolen as he heard Takeo.

Takeo: "Psst."

Zeldris looked to his right before saying.

Zeldris: "What?"

Takeo: "Dude, I didn't know you were planning to take on Donny. You've got balls.."

Zeldris didn't say a word, he stared forward once again.

Ryo: "I do say if you are to take him on you must fight valiantly..but if you are choosing to fight alone Zeldris. It could spell the end for you..do you wish for our assistance?"

Zeldris bit his lip as he placed his hands on his head, he began to tremble as he remembered the fight..his spirit was beaten out of him, all of that was false hope...all that awaited him was despair and anyone that followed him would succumb to it also. Zeldris shook his head at them.

Zeldris: "No..I can handle this myself."

Takeo and Ryo looked at each other..they both sighed before sitting back to face the board. They fell silent knowing Zeldris wasn't in the mood to talk about it. The best thing to do was to leave him be, at least until later. The final bell rang and Zeldris stood up, he grabbed his bag before he made his way down the stairs. It was time, time for the moment of truth..he had no plan but he had guts..surely Zeldris will be able to prevail against the bully this time..right? Zeldris stepped outside, he looked up at the clouds before he began to walk toward the park..as he got closer and closer flashes of what happened before cycled through his mind, he began to shudder as he remembered the pain once again. Zeldris stopped in his tracks, he heard voices of students excited to see the match. Some were placing bets..some were taunting Zeldris for actually challenging him. Zeldris gritted his teeth..he began to shake, his breaths were heavy as he started to hyperventilate. The world was beginning to spin as a looming darkness had began to swallow him. The words he heard before he had his head crushed were replayed in his head repetitively..over and over again he heard those brutal words..until..he snapped. Zeldris turned around and ran..Students called out to him, calling him a wuss a loser and other taunting things for cowering away. Zeldris didn't look back as he sprinted at full speed, he barged past students moving them out of his way as he ran full speed back toward his home. Once he got close to his house, he continued to run..he didn't want to go home. Zeldris continued to run..and run with his tail tucked between his legs. His breaths were heavy once again due to the fact he was tired..he was running until he couldn't run anymore.