Chapter 11: Change!

The scene starts with the door to the residence Zeldris was staying at opening. Zeldris stepped in holding a blue plastic bag as the kitten rested on his shoulder.

Zeldris: "I'm home and we have a guest." He said bluntly as he placed the plastic bag on the table.

???: "Welcome back! Did you get the fl-" His adoptive mother was about to say something before she froze. As her eyes met the ginger cat, she had a bright smile running over to pick the kitten up.

???: "Oh my gosh, aren't you precious! Where did you find him Zeldris?" His mother questioned.

Zeldris: "He just followed me, he was in a alleyway." Zeldris informed tucking his hands into his pockets.

???: "Hmm..well since you found him, what should his name be? At least until we find out more about the little one."

Zeldris: "Hmm...I was thinking Cosmo."

???: "What a..name. Well, Cosmo will have to stay in here from the rain for the mean time. Tomorrow I'll have him checked out at the vet." His mother informed placing the ginger cat down.

Zeldris: "Alright, I'm going to bed. I gotta get up early to meet Tabitha tomorrow..I don't know why but she wanted to hang out."

???: "Ooooooo could it be my little Zeldris has got a date?" His adoptive mum said covering her mouth on slight embarrassment.

Zeldris: "No, it's not like that. Anyway, goodnight." Zeldris said shaking his head as he walked up the stairs.

Zeldris opened the door to his room, his black hues had met his phone on his desk. He picked it up before he turned it on to see a few new messages. One of the messages was from his friends in the group chat, they were conversing about what school would be like on Monday. Zeldris read the chat before he scrolled down to Tabitha's messages. They really were going out the next day. Zeldris looked over to his wardrobe before having a light huff, he needed to pick out some clothes for tomorrow.

The scene changed and it was now the next day. Zeldris opened his eyes before he looked out the window.

Zeldris: "It's been a while.....where I've felt relief in my life." He said to himself as he got up.

He did his daily routine before slipping on his clothes, he put on a white T-shirt with black jeans, he also slipped on a navy blue jacket to complete the look. When he had done all that, he looked down at his phone. They were meeting in town at 10am sharp..it was now nine thirty so Zeldris needed to speed things up if he was to make it in time. The scene changed and Zeldris was in town, he had on a backpack as stepped on the paved stones in his red and black sneakers. He tucked his hands in his pocket as he leaned against the wall, he looked up at the clock as he did so before having a slight huff. It was 9:55..was she actually coming?..

Zeldris felt a cold dark feeling loom over him, he slowly turned his head to it was Tabitha. Her hair was as creepy as ever, wavy stringy and jet black that covered her whole face. Zeldris shrugged before saying.

Zeldris: "I was starting to think you weren't coming." He said bluntly.

Tabitha: "Sorry..I was held up by father, he wanted to make sure I was safe before coming over."

Zeldris: "What do you mean...is he here?" Zeldris questioned quite shocked.

Tabitha: "Yes..he's right behind you."

Zeldris gasped before he turned his head around slowly, a sweat drop streamed down the side of his face before he saying

Zeldris: "H-Hello Sir."

Renjiro had quite the stern look on his face before saying.

Renjiro: "My daughter better come home without a scratch..you wouldn't want to find out what will happen to you if she does." Renjiro said quite sternly.

Zeldris had a thought..he remembered everything that happened, the torture..the pain. He gulped before nodding slowly.

Zeldris: "Yeah..I got it."

Renjiro suddenly disappeared into the shadows. Zeldris had a sigh of relief before looking at Tabitha.

Tabitha: "Sorry about father..he's very protective of me."

Zeldris: "I can tell. Anyway why did you want to hang out today?"

Tabitha: "Well...I wanted to thank you for saving me from Donny..so I thought..maybe we could have a day out..sorry if it's too much to ask."

Zeldris was confused at first but shrugged.

Zeldris: "Eh, it's fine. Just don't apologise for anything..and don't be weird. We're friends now, you don't need to be so scared ." Zeldris informed as he started to walk.

Tabitha: "S-Sorry..I mean...." Tabitha covered her
mouth as she followed behind.

Zeldris: "First things first, I'm taking you to get some new clothes. If you walk around dressed like that, people are going to assume you're a witch or something. You might need to get a haircut too, you look like that one girl that haunts peoples TV's." Zeldris said as he lifted up her hair to brush it to the side.

As time went on, various scene changes happened. They started at the clothes shop and Tabitha tried on different clothes and styles to see what looked best. Each time Zeldris shook his head at her until she put on one outfit that suited her. Tabitha came out from behind the magenta curtain, she was wearing a fancy shirt that fit around her hourglass frame with a small corset around her waist, to complete the top half of the look she had on a black bow. At the bottom half of her outfit, she was wearing a skirt that went down just below her thigh, she also had on long black leather boots with fishnet tights that went up to her thighs that also had stocking straps. She also had on a black blazer with frilly white cuffs on to finish the look. Zeldris nodded liking the look, Tabitha had a small smile as she looked up at him. The scene changed and she was at the hairdressers, Zeldris was sat down reading one of the magazines as he waited for her. Some of the staff covered her eyes when the style was done. They moved their hands once she was at a mirror..revealing the new look. You could see her eyes..beautiful violet hues. Her black hair was no longer wavy, it was now straight and she had a small fringe. Her hair now went down to the middle of her back..Tabitha was absolutely beautiful now. Tears filled her eyes..she'd never thought she could look so dazzling.

Zeldris stepped out of the hairdressers with her, he looked down at her before saying.

Zeldris: "Do you like the new you?"

Tabitha: "...Yes..I never thought I could look this beautiful.."

Zeldris: "That's what certain talents can do in this world. Now all you need is some confidence and you'll have friends in no time." Zeldris said as he walked forward.

Tabitha stopped for a moment, she gripped the hems of her black skirt before mumbling.

Tabitha: "No.."

Zeldris: "If you take any longer, I'll leave you behind." Zeldris said as he looked back.

Tabitha: "I-I'm coming!" She called out running behind him.

Not too far away, three silhouettes were scene peeking at the two from across the street.

???: "Is that the kid that took down Donny?.."

???: "That little punk?...Can't be."

???: "Woah..who's that hot chick?"

???: "Listen you horny bitch, we can get her later. First thing we need to do is deal with the prick that took down the king and getting that spot for ourselves."

The three silhouettes disappeared, fading in the shadows of the alleyway.

Chapter end