Chapter 10: An Offer You Can't Refuse!

The scene starts with Zeldris fast asleep in a hospital bed. Zeldris was exhausted and needed a moment to recuperate his strength, he did battle someone with quite the powerful curse...it took all the willpower and manpower to take down such a brute. Tabitha sat by Zeldris and watched over him, she had a light smile looking at her hero sleep..he saved her from a man that would've caused her so much trauma. In her eyes he was a brave man that fought for people..if only she knew what he had to do to get this far..what he had seen..the pain he had felt. The door to the room opened, Tabitha looked back.

???: "Oh my gosh, Zeldris my poor baby!" Zeldris's adoptive mum called out as she stumbled over.

She looked at Tabitha before saying.

???: "Thank you for looking after him, the doctors told me everything. What happened to Zeldris?" The woman questioned in a slight panic.

Tabitha: "He had a bad trip.."

The two women conversed while Zeldris slept soundly, however their conversation got a little loud which caused him to wake up. He groaned slightly as he looked up at them. Zeldris's adoptive mum looked down at him before she gasped, she had tears in her eyes as she hugged him and pressed her cheek against his face.

???: "Zeldris!..how could you make your mother worry so much??" She said overly crying.

Zeldris: Argh, you're hurting me, I've still not healed up yet." Zeldris replied as he grunted slightly.

???: "Sorry dear! I was just so worried. Once I heard you were in the hospital, I rushed over from work as soon as I could." She explained before sitting down.

Zeldris: "I see..thank you mum, thank you Tabitha." Zeldris said lightly.

???: "Did you just...call me mum?" She questioned, she placed both her hands over her mouth before crying slightly.

???: "It's been so long since you've called me that, I'm so happy you think of me as your mother again!"

Zeldris: "You're being dramatic.." Zeldris said shaking his head.

Tabitha giggled at the two as she watched them..Zeldris acted very nonchalant, but he was happy. The door opened and the three boys walked in.

Takeo: "Guess it's a party in here ay? Didn't even invite us."

Ryo: "As always..we somehow prevail don't we?"

Jack: "Victory dinner time! Anything but hospital food."

Zeldris looked at them make their grand entrance, he scoffed slightly before he sat up.

Zeldris: "You guys did great, but you all shouldn't be moving yet. Last thing you want is your wounds opening up."

???/Tabitha: "You're the last one to talk about that!"

The three boys laughed.

Ryo: "How's your arm?.."

Zeldris: "It still has no feeling, apparently the doctors said that my bones in it are completely shattered..I might have to get prosthetic arm instead."

Takeo/Jack: "Cool!"

???: "No it's not!" His adoptive mum called out in a panic.

Jack: "Woah, that creepy gi-"

Before Jack could finish his sentence Ryo and Takeo smacked him upside his head.

Zeldris: "Be nice. She helped the doctors heal me. She's a good person." Zeldris informed bluntly as he moved the blanket to the side.

Tabitha: "You're still not allowed to move, your wounds are much more severe than your friends."

???: "That's right, stay in bed Zeldris we'll bring you what you need."