𝐵𝑖𝑟𝑡ℎ𝑑𝑎𝑦 𝑃𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝐹𝑎𝑖𝑙

Beginne am Anfang

"Oh, so my uncle had you clean the ventilation system?" Alan asked.

"Yes." Kaz answered as Oliver answered, "no." then switched answers before finally concluding with a, "maybe?"

"Okay, you're story checks out." Alan nodded, making the four friends share a weird look, wondering how he believed them. "But watch your step, because nothing gets past me. Nothing!" He glared between the group.

"Nothing to worry about here, big man!" Leo grinned nervously, moving to Alan's side to place his hand on his shoulder and lead Alan down the hall. "We would never get past your smartness, in fact, no one could!" He pushed him through the door before dropping his smile as he walked back to his friends.

"Guys, forget it. I'm not doing it." Oliver decided starting to walk off.

"Oliver, come on." Micaela complained, making him stop.

"Yes, you are. This is really important to me." Kaz expressed. "So, come on."

"No!" Oliver argued, going to walk off again, but Leo jumped to the ground and grabbed him by the ankles and tried to pull him back towards the vent, but he didn't move.

"Mick!" Leo yelled, still pulling.

The girl took the signal and grabbed Oliver by the arm, pulling him towards the vent, only to have her hands smacked away. "No! I don't wanna go, stop pressuring me." He got his friends to let go of him, Leo getting to his feet. "All you guys ever do is think about yourselves."

"If you come with us, I think you'll be surprised how not true that is." Kaz stated. "Come on, if you wanna ask Horace for permission, we'll go ask him. He's right though here." He pointed towards the vent.

"You cool if we leave?" Micaela called into the vent.

Leo his behind the girl so his mouth wasn't visible as spoke in a terrible Horace impression. "Why of course not. And don't forget! I love bridges!"

Glaring between each one of his friends, Oliver's eyes then moved to the vent before turning and walking off, done with their nonsense.

"Oliver!" Micaela called out.

"Oh, come on! It's just a false alarm." Kaz complained, three of them walking after Oliver. Little did they know, Kaz's next words would turned out to be a lie. "Nothing will happen."

Their backs turned, they couldn't see Horace walking down the hallway with a stick, asking people to play limbo. At least he was, until a shadow-like creature came out of the vent and circled around him.

~*~

They all followed Oliver through the double doors and into the lobby, Kaz holding Micaela's duffel bag they had emptied out moments ago. "Oliver, listen to me."

"I'm not leaving, so drop it." Oliver finally stopped walking and turned to them with a stern look.

"I know, I know." Kaz nodded, setting the duffel on the floor. "I'm sorry."

"And we find your decision and entitlement completely annoying." Micaela stated, smiling sarcastically.

"But we completely accept you trying to make your own decision." Leo added on.