Chapter 164: Riddle of the Sphinx

Comincia dall'inizio

Benthomaar: Can you not use your Elemental Powers to summon the whales? They could easily pull this vessel behind them.

Nya: Summon whales? No, I can't do that.

Benthomaar: But you are named Nya.

Nya: Yeah?

Jay: And I'm Jay! (Nya pushes him away.) Oof!  

Benthomaar: The first Elemental Master of Water. Nyad. Surely you know the tale of Nyad.

Maya: I told you this. Don't you remember? When you were a little girl? (Nya raises an eyebrow.) 

Crystal: Oh, I remember reading about that once! The story of Nyad and the whales. She rode upon their backs above the sea. It was one of those fairytales the kids at my orphanage liked to read.

Maya: We named you after her. (To Benthomaar.) But, it's just a children's story, Bentho.

Benthomaar: It's true. Nyad helped defeat the serpent Wojira. She leapt onto the serpent's head with nothing but a broken trident.

Nya: Benthomaar, I can't summon whales. I can only control water, and right now, not even that.

Maya: She's right. I was the Elemental Master of Water before her. I would know if something like that was possible.

Benthomaar: Have you ever tried?

Nya: Well, no?

Benthomaar: Then, how do you know?

(Nya looks at the others who smile giving her encouraging looks. She sighs and steps into the sea and closes her eyes. Suddenly, some fish swim up to her.)

Nya: Oh. Hi, guys. (To the others.) Uh...what do I do now?

Maya: Whatever you're doing, it's working. Try again!

Jay: Be careful not to call any piranha. Ooh, or sharks. Or, or blowfish. Or fire sharks, or glass snails. (He starts panicking and Maya pats him on the back.)

Crystal: Just keep doing what you're doing!

(At the Explorer's Club, Cecil Putnam is putting away a book when Wu and the others burst into the reception room.)

Cecil: Oh. Misako. You're alive. 

Styx: Uh, you thought she wasn't?

Cole: He thought that he literally thought that.

Cecil: (Ignoring Cole and Styx.) What a pleasant surprise. How may I help you?

Misako: We need to see Clutch Powers.

Cecil: Certainly. Your membership card?

Misako: (She smacks the table.) You know full well you revoked it, Cecil.

Cecil: Ah, yes. Terribly sorry. I shall immediately begin the years-long reactivation process. In the meantime, however, I'm afraid I must deny entry. This club is for members only.

Wu: This is an emergency! Clutch Powers is in possession of a dangerous artifact.

Cecil: Sir, there are a good number of very dangerous artifacts in this establishment. Our collection is filled with them.

Styx: And you're okay with that?

Cecil: Of course. The members of the Explorer's Club laugh in the face of danger. Like so: "Ha! Ha! Ha!" "Ho, ho, ho!" is also accepted.