Chapter 68: Someday, With the Scalpel In My Hand

Start from the beginning

There were only three people in front of the operating table. Lu Wenbin immediately noticed that Huo Congjun was looking at him.

Was it a good or bad thing to have the department director pay close attention to you?

Lu Wenbin's heart beat more rapidly.

The thing he looked forward to the most was for Ling Ran to give up on making the incision and pass the task to him.

If the director had spoken in his favor, he would have the job without question.

Lu Wenbin was not greedy. He was only subconsciously thinking about how Ling Ran was not scrambling to practice his incision skills the day before. Lu Wenbin thought that Ling Ran had either given up on practicing, or he was so bad in this field that he gave up on it because he knew that he was just not good at it.

Thus, it seemed logical for Ling Ran to pass the task of making the incision to someone else.

Lu Wenbin only became slightly calmer after he thought about how the testicle of the middle-aged man involved in the skateboarding accident yesterday came out of his scrotum.

"Pull the skin taut."

Lu Wenbin only realized that Ling Ran had already drawn the line when he heard Ling Ran's command.

'Didn't he need to hesitate at all? Or did he think about it beforehand?'

Even though Lu Wenbin muttered to himself about it, he quickly got to work and flattened the patient's slightly curled up hand so that the portion with the line protruded.

Lu Wenbin only realized upon doing this that the position Ling Ran chose was not bad. The act of expanding the surface of an existing wound was a very contradictory choice to begin with. It was not easy to come up with a reasonable scheme every time.

If you were to compare surgery with renovating a house, the patient's existing wound would be like a load-bearing beam in the middle of the house that you could neither remove nor alter it. You could not even drill a hole in it. And the position of the beam could be different in every house. To renovate the house well, you would have to manage the relationship between the spaces in the house and the load-bearing beam well.

A perfect scheme may not even exist. It would take some effort to even come up with a relatively reasonable scheme.

Ling Ran sunk the scalpel into the patient's skin.

He held the scalpel like a violin bow. It was a basic technique, which was not garish in any way.

But Ling Ran only took a minute or two to expose his desired surgical field.

Lu Wenbin stared at the incision in astonishment while he helped to adjust the saline-soaked dressing to prevent contamination.

Ling Ran, who still had to make two incisions a few days ago, became a master in making incisions in the blink of an eye?

Based on his experiences from his two-to-three-year experience on clinical rotation in Yun Hua Hospital's various departments, Ling Ran's skills in incision right now were exactly the same as higher-ranking doctors in most of the departments.

"Have you been practicing making incisions lately?" Huo Congjun looked even more shocked. This was the only reasonable explanation he could think of.

"Yes." Ling Ran nodded. He did try a few times.

Huo Congjun was speechless.

He thought that he had seen a lot. Little did he know that it was still not enough.