ii.vii.

You hear Sunoh crying through the baby monitor, but he fell silent again. It was unusual, because he was never so fast quiet, but then you hear Jaehyun's voice, who hummed something to him. You think for a moment whether you should go back to sleep, but then you wanted to see it with your own eyes. You put on your robe and go to Sunoh's nursery. You see Jaehyun sitting in the rocking chair holding his son in his arms. It was 2 o'clock in the morning. Jaehyun still had his clothes on, apparently he has just come home. He didn't look at you, but his humming stopped.
"I work too much." Jaehyun's eyes were still on his son, whom he continues to lovingly swing in his arms. You don't say anything and place yourself questioningly on the little stool which Miga used to stand on, when she helped you with Sunoh.
"He has grown so fast in the few weeks. I have barely seen it." He strokes his little head and his eyes are almost melancholy.
"I feel I don't know him. I miss so much of their life's." At that moment, he looked at you for the first time. You could not say anything and look at him expectantly.
"How is he?" The question seemed so absurd, but Jaehyun was serious. At the beginning you didn't know what to answer. Sunoh was his son, should he not know him?
"He's amazing, he laughs a lot, for example when he sees a lot of bright colours or when I tickle the tip of his nose. He has the same dimples as you and they always appear when he smiles. He's always hungry and it's sometimes stressful to breastfeed him. I think he will get very tall in the future. Maybe taller than you. If he sees Miga, he always wants to grab her hair, which annoys her, but she is very patient. He loves to bathe, he thinks it's funny, when I trickle a little bit of water over his stomach. He always starts to smile, but when I wash his hair, he always cries. Oh, and just before he falls asleep, he always makes such bubbles with his mouth, that is totally cute, and I could watch him for hours."
"Look at you." Jaehyun smiled at you with wide eyes. You could not describe how he looked like right now. Somehow very vulnerable, but you could not feel sorry for him. He was the person who decided to work more. He was it who prefers to work with his ex-girlfriend rather than being there for his children. You have forgiven him too often, now your pity is used up.
"Your eyes sparkle with joy." He smiled and then looked back at his son. He strokes his black hair and it was quiet for a while. You thought about his words. Yes, your kids made you happy and, you liked being a mother. Your children have been so important to you and sometimes you wish you could share this experience more with Jaehyun.
"I don't know anything about them ... The little time I'm there, the kids are sleeping, and you know them so well." He sighed and starts to rock Sunoh again. You could not sit here anymore and watch him dissolve with pity. For the first time you couldn't see Jaehyun anymore. How many times did you tell him to be more at home, how often did you tell him to spend more time with his children? You're tired of running after him. That's why you decide to stand up and get back to bed. It took only a few seconds when Jaehyun was suddenly behind you. He took you by the wrist and it felt like a burn. When you turn around you look at his warm eyes and you feel like your knees cave in.
"What's wrong Y/N?" His eyes were still vulnerable and tired. His eyelids were swollen and his skin was red. His hand was still on your wrist and he did not let you go until you gave him an answer.
Your eyes were glazed, but you could not cry. You wanted everything to be perfect again. You wanted a normal working family. You just wanted him to be there.
So, you hesitate briefly, until you give him an answer, but then you have found your words.
"Jaehyun, I think we have problems."