ch 56 Shadow monster

It was nighttime and first squad was trekking through a forest.

"The distress signal Apetrully sent out emanated from here but did not mention a specific enemy" Lin said.

"I say bring it or who on!" Ray said punching his hand.

"Times two" Sonia added.

"Jumpy make three!" Jumpy said.

"Take it easy guys, we gotta stay focused" Flora said.

Just then a twig snapped from behind them. Ray, Sonia and Jumpy sent out a volley of attacks. When the smoke cleared it was revealed to be just a locust. Lin and Flora looked at the others disapprovingly.

"Did that seem focused to you?" Lin asked.

"He fired first!" Sonia said pointing at Ray.

"With pinpoint accuracy I might add. The way you use your tongue its amazing all the hot air doesn't strip our clothes off!" Ray said.

"There's a sight I wouldnt want to see" Sonia said.

"Enough. To achieve true balance we must respect our powers and use them only when necessary" Lin said.

Ray shot his lightning at a tree causing an apple to fall. He caught the apple and took a bite.

"Seriously" Flora deadpanned.

"I was hungry" Ray said.

Suddenly they heard a rustle coming from the bushes. Apetrully stumbled out mumbling. Lin rushed foward and caught him before he fell.

"Commander! What happened!?"

"Thing...black..." Apetrully said.

"Talk like Jumpy now" Jumpy said.

"Thing? Black?" Sonia asked.

Suddenly the ground shook and a black monster lept towards them.

"Like that!?" Ray exclaimed.

The monster opened its mouth and spoke in Apetrully's voice.

"Greetings and salutations first squad. Now meet your demise"

"That thing sounds just like commander Apetrully" Flora said.

"Voice...in...it!" Apetrully said.

First squad scattered as the monster began its attack.

"So thats how you wanna play" Sonia said.

Sonia was about to attack when the monster opened up its mouth and produced a powerful vacuum. Sonia screamed as her power was sucked out of her body into the monsters mouth. The monster closed its mouth and left Sonia. Sonia tried to attack but her tongue fell limp into the mud.

"Oh! My tongue's useless!" Sonia exclaimed.

The monster lept off into the forest.

"The creature took both Apetrully's persuasive pronunciation and Mystique Sonia's tongue power" Lin said.

"At least it hasn't gotten any of the good stuff" Ray said.

The monster came back and stole Ray and Jumpy's powers. The monster lept away after collecting their powers. Ray ate a banana and charged his eyes.

"I am Mighty Ray!"

Ray tried to blast his eyes but couldn't. Jumpy tried to use his rope attack but got tangled up. The monster turned around and used Sonia's tongue fan, blowing the boys away. The monster lept into the forest. Flora used her vines to swing through the trees. She perched on a branch and threw a blast berry shuriken at the monster. The monster turned around and swallowed it.