Cheater.

Soooo... um this one is quite angsty. All I can say is be prepared.

And it's longgggggg, specifically the longest one I've ever written in my life, get comfortable. And it may have to be read in more than one sitting.

Hope you're all doing okay and thank you for waiting for me to come back, this is my thank you gift to you.

TW: Physical abuse (minor character to a major character, not between MC's.)

Enjoy!

3rd Person P.O.V

The day that everything stopped for Louis was November 27th 2018.

It had started as a normal day. Harry was at work, he was at home on his day off after finishing his last university course ever. He was going to start teaching soon and he couldn't believe it he'd done it.

He couldn't wait for his boyfriend to get home so he could tell him he'd passed. He had known Harry since he was fifteen and six years later he was still around. They'd only been together for around three years though as they'd taken a while to stop pretending that they were just friends.

The doorbell rang and it was a little early so it couldn't have been Harry. But Louis walked towards the door with hope that it was anyway.

But when he pulled open the door there was a woman standing there, and deep down something felt wrong, he should have prepared himself better because he knew the minute he saw her but pretended he didn't.

He knew who she was. It was an old ex of Harry's, one he had dated from when he was fifteen to just before his seventeenth birthday then broke up, then a little while later they got together.

This girl had got with him just before he met Harry, Louis' had only met her a few times, always thinking she was far too conceited to stay around for long.

"Louis? Right?" She asked, moving a few strands of her blonde hair over her shoulder.

"Yeah." Louis didn't say anything else.

"Listen, I need to talk to you."

Louis decided he was not going to let her inside their house, and she realised soon enough and started talking again. "I felt obligated to come here and tell you this, not because I want to hurt you but because I'd want to know if it was me."

His heart had never beat so fast before in his life, he could barely hear her voice of gold over the pounding that shook his body. "What is it?" A silly question to prolong the inevitable heartbreak her words would bring.

"Last night, Harry and I slept together."

Nothing could have made those words hurt less. No amount of preparing would have dulled the ache in his chest that felt like he'd been crushed by a freight train.

"We were both drunk, and I just saw him, said hello, he came over and things escalated, we went back to mine and... well yeah. He left straight after though."

Yeah. Louis thought. To get in bed right beside me.

He wasn't even sure he was breathing anymore. He wasn't crying but he wasn't sure he was moving either. He was just...still.

"I'm really sorry. I feel terrible." She continued, clutching her phone in her hand.

"Thank you for telling me." Is all he said, then closed the door before she could say anything else that would possibly shatter his heart entirely.

He stumbled into the kitchen, hands gripping the counter until they turned white as he tried to process and keep breathing.

He didn't move from that spot.